Random thought about priorities... | Syracusefan.com

Random thought about priorities...

cto

Administrator
I'm puzzled by people who complain they can't read articles from subscription sites like The Athletic (which costs $6/month), but who frequently brag about how much alcohol they consume. One fewer drink per month could pay for a subscription. BTW, I have no vested interest in The Athletic (or in temperance), but I find the Athletic's coverage of all sports to be excellent.

Last edited:
I'm puzzled by people who complain they can't read articles from subscription sites like The Athletic (which costs $6/month), but who frequently brag about how much alcohol they consume. One fewer drink per month could pay for a subscription. BTW, I have no vested interest in The Athletic (or in temperance), but I find the Athletic's coverage of all sports to be excellent.
I found it funny when people were upset the Athletic hid the Q articles behind their pay site when dot com does it all the time. I too think the Athletic is excellent.

One less drink?? I could buy a pint of Bartons with that 6 dollars! 12 dollars and I could practically buy a gallon! We are leaving good drinks on the table here with those numbers!

I don't drink alcohol.

I'm just cheap.
I am cheap too. But I paid for The Athletic and I think it is worth the price.

The same for the Post-Standard.

I am worried we are going to lose it, I like a lot of the writers who work there and want to do my share to keep it afloat.

Plus their firewall got a lot smarter over the years. ;)

On the flip side, if you all canceled all of the subscriptions that you either barely use, or that keep you on your couch glued to the TV all the time - just think about how much more alcohol you’d be able to buy!

On the flip side, if you all canceled all of the subscriptions that you either barely use, or that keep you on your couch glued to the TV all the time - just think about how much more alcohol you’d be able to buy!
Bit what would I watch while I drank?

Exactly. And why am I paying for both? Hmm...
Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

I get the Athletic for free because I have a digital subscription to the New York Times.
Any idea if the sames afforded to WSJ subscribers?

I prefer to spend all of my beer money on the numerous streaming services that are out there. I really have no idea how many monthly subscriptions I have anymore. Too many I’m guessing.

Why would it be? The NY Times owns The Athletic.
Wasn’t aware of that.. that makes sense then