Randy Edsall returning to UConn... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Randy Edsall returning to UConn...

How do we know that? There are multiple ways to break up. Apparently, our staff took the silent approach and the kid saw the writing on the wall. Edsall at least made a phone call. Again, i think RE is scum, just think it happens in every program late in the cycle.
Do you think an 18 year old would not have Tweeted that SU had reaffirmed their offer (or something to that effect), to which he had committed?

I'm not saying this doesn't happen. It does. But to reaffirm an offer and then call to discuss what will be happening on signing day and then turn around and pull the offer? Really bad form. Really bad. New regime or not.

Do you think an 18 year old would not have Tweeted that SU had reaffirmed their offer (or something to that effect), to which he had committed?

I'm not saying this doesn't happen. It does. But to reaffirm an offer and then call to discuss what will be happening on signing day and then turn around and pull the offer? Really bad form. Really bad. New regime or not.

Agree, got my order of events messed up before i went posting in RE's defense! Ooooh geeeez, i am much more comfortable adding to his list of shady interactions!;)

Not sure if we can get on edsall here. I think he is scum, yes, however, we just did the same thing to bj daniels in a way. This happens all the time, just not always makes the news.
Others here may know the backstory on Daniels. I have heard of instances where a scholarship offer has been tied to a recruit achieving an academic benchmark. At least in Daniels' case, he was afforded the face-saving position of decommitting from us.

Greeny talked about it on Mike and Mike today. He was really heated but didn't mention the call confirming the kids commitment or the plan by his position coach for signing day... Adnan (filling in for Golic) let him know about it. Adnan said it's not out of the ordinary for coaches to pull scholarships but in this fashion was a new low

Greeny talked about it on Mike and Mike today. He was really heated but didn't mention the call confirming the kids commitment or the plan by his position coach for signing day... Adnan (filling in for Golic) let him know about it. Adnan said it's not out of the ordinary for coaches to pull scholarships but in this fashion was a new low

I listened to it this morning. Greeny went on about the word "commitment," what it stands for and how these verbals, etc. are a far cry from what the word actually means, and, that the process is so superficial and bogus. He does have a point. If one commits, it should be a binding thing, or else simply don't commit.

Football recruiting in many ways is like a nightclub meat market. It's too bad that football coaches at their respective schools don't appear to have the same integrity as their basketball peers. In hoops, it's quite unusual for coaches to still go after kids after they've made a verbal, whereas in football, these coaches seem to "chase" even harder, similar to 'last call.' :)

Not sure if we can get on edsall here. I think he is scum, yes, however, we just did the same thing to bj daniels in a way. This happens all the time, just not always makes the news.

Grades not talent. Big, big difference.

Was looking through the thread on the boneyard - after about page 3 (out of 12+) it's post after post after post ripping the "whiny" kid and his family. As far as they're concerned, saint Randy did nothing questionable whatsoever.

Pure class over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom