Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Virginia Tech
Florida State
USF
NC State
Louisville
Colgate

A lot is going to be dependent on record and what the team looks like. But, I would think we get close to 40K for Colgate just based on the hype around Babers offense.

FSU
Colgate
VTech
Louisville
USF
NCSt

VT - 48k
FSU - 45k
Colgate - 43k
Louisville - 43k
NCS - 42k
USF - 39k
2016 Avg. - 43.3k

Florida State
Virginia Tech
Louisville
NC State
USF
Colgate

here we are mid way into august 3 weeks away from the game and very little promotion being done. if you get people to this game and we show almost any kind of offense the UL hype could be intense.

FSU
VT
Louisville
Colgate
NC State
USF

I think this is correct. The top three all around 45k. Think others are underestimating the Friday night UofL game. Colgate will be around 40k because of opener and excitement. The bottom three could be ugly if team struggles.

I would love to be wrong about this, but I just don't see that crowd being any higher than the mid 30s.

I seem to remember that Greg Robinson's first game drew a solid crowd.

I think the community is very excited about Dino - I think the fans will come.

I seem to remember that Greg Robinson's first game drew a solid crowd.

I think the community is very excited about Dino - I think the fans will come.

Yep, 45K. I feel like the casual SU fan was more idealistic about the beginning of the GRob era. But three coaches later and I think Babers is going to have to prove it on the field (which I think he will do) in order to win the that casual fan back.

Also, keep in mind West Virginia always travels thousands of people well into the upper deck. Colgate will only have a few hundred fans.

Think USF becomes a big game after we hopefully upset UL and USF may actually be ranked by the time we play.

I would love to be wrong about this, but I just don't see that crowd being any higher than the mid 30s.
Florida Georgia Line, NYS Fair, or Patriot League football...and that's for the people who actually stay in town and don't run for the hills to get in that last camping trip over the extended weekend. The diehards and optimistic fence sitters will be there, nobody else, I think you are exactly right...<35k. The good news is that 30-35k that will be there will be FIRED UP and will get the place noisy enough.

why will colgate have a few hundred? what do they avg at home games? we have avg 41K for the 4 colgate home games ince 1981

I think attendance for the 2014 opener against Villanova was reported somewhere between 41,000 and 42,000, but that number felt extremely inflated. If I remember correctly, it was part of a three game package.

Hopefully we put up 40-50 in Colgate to generate buzz and optimism for a dome showdown vs UL. Can imagine an electric atmosphere for that despite being a damn Friday.

Here's to hopes of not dropping the ball against Colgate.

no but a game in 2010 is probably relevant. and in 81 the colgate game drew 5-7K more than the BC/rutgers/WV/indiana games at home..

Hopefully we put up 40-50 in Colgate to generate buzz and optimism for a dome showdown vs UL. Can imagine an electric atmosphere for that despite being a damn Friday.

Here's to hopes of not dropping the ball against Colgate.
Might be a little unrealistic to expect 40-50 on Colgate simply because this is game 1 in Babers' system. Unless, of course, Colgate is even more pathetic than usual.

FSU - 46 k
VT - 45 k
L'Ville - 44 k to see the upset!
USF - 40 k
Colgate - 38 k
NCS - 38 k

2016 Avg. - 41+ k

Florida Georgia Line, NYS Fair, or Patriot League football...and that's for the people who actually stay in town and don't run for the hills to get in that last camping trip over the extended weekend. The diehards and optimistic fence sitters will be there, nobody else, I think you are exactly right...<35k. The good news is that 30-35k that will be there will be FIRED UP and will get the place noisy enough.
Florida Georgia Line, ugh. Anyone that picks those nasally brocountry potheads should be banned from SU games for life.

Yep, 45K. I feel like the casual SU fan was more idealistic about the beginning of the GRob era. But three coaches later and I think Babers is going to have to prove it on the field (which I think he will do) in order to win the that casual fan back.

Also, keep in mind West Virginia always travels thousands of people well into the upper deck. Colgate will only have a few hundred fans.

True - it was WVU.

Hopefully, Dino has gotten the base excited enough to fill the place a bit.

True - it was WVU.

Hopefully, Dino has gotten the base excited enough to fill the place a bit.

WVU, and if I recall, the game was on a Sunday.

I think Colgate will be fairly light just because it's Colgate. Should be a higher # than last year's FCS opener, but it's still FCS.

Do what we're supposed to do in that game, and I think we'll see a nice Friday night crowd for a ranked Louisville team. Of course, none of them will be Louisville fans because they are the worst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom