Ranked This Year? | Syracusefan.com

Ranked This Year?

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
FSU ain’t the FSU of old, but after today’s performance are we ranked this season?

How long has it been since we’ve been in the top 25??

FSU ain’t the FSU of old, but after today’s performance are we ranked this season?

How long has it been since we’ve been in the top 25??
I think that we’ll get ranked after we dismantle UConn.

4-0 w/ a win over FSU is worthy of a rank, even if the other 3 teams were a MAC team and 2 fcs teams.

(Yes, I know UConn football is still technically in the AAC.)

As much as I’d love for us to be ranked after next week, I don’t think a win over UConn will do it. We’d have to have a whole bunch of teams ranked 20 to “others receiving votes” lose over the next week to make that happen.

We should get some votes this week though

As much as I’d love for us to be ranked after next week, I don’t think a win over UConn will do it. We’d have to have a whole bunch of teams ranked 20 to “others receiving votes” lose over the next week to make that happen.

We should get some votes this week though

BC and Syracuse will be ranked very close to each other. I’m feeling a wind from the remnants of the old eastern independents. Lambert trophy powers awakening

Playing tough at Clemson might get us ranked before a convincing win vs Uconn.
I'm as excited as anyone about this team. Playing a tough game at Clemson would be a huge win. Clemson might be the best team in the country and they have thus game circled.

If we avoided the 2nd half meltdown at WMU then we would be in a better spot. May happen if we blow out uconn and some lower ranked teams lose.

If we avoided the 2nd half meltdown at WMU then we would be in a better spot. May happen if we blow out uconn and some lower ranked teams lose.
Nah, WMU game has nothing to do with it.

We were picked to finish last in the ACC. It will take a lot to change that perception. Today was a good start. Here’s the two scenarios that will get us ranked (assumes we beat UConn)

1) beat Clemson we will 100% be ranked. Probably as high as 15
2) lose to Clemson then come back and beat Pitt and UNC

If we lose to Clemson and Pitt we will have to get to 7-2 or even 8-2 before we are ranked

5-0 and we are ranked. Probably like 20-22 range.

I dont see it short of that. And thats ok. Id rather this team angry going into Clemson than puffing their chest

5-0 and we are ranked. Probably like 20-22 range.

I dont see it short of that. And thats ok. Id rather this team angry going into Clemson than puffing their chest
Clemson is our 5th game, so to get to 5-0 we'd have to beat Clemson at Clemson.

If that happens, I promise you we'll be ranked higher than 20-22.

We won’t be ranked but we’ll get some votes this week I believe.

When I asked the original question, it was more along the lines of “will we be ranked this year?”

But I can see how it sounded like I was asking if we’d be ranked next week.

Nah, WMU game has nothing to do with it.

We were picked to finish last in the ACC. It will take a lot to change that perception. Today was a good start. Here’s the two scenarios that will get us ranked (assumes we beat UConn)

1) beat Clemson we will 100% be ranked. Probably as high as 15
2) lose to Clemson then come back and beat Pitt and UNC

If we lose to Clemson and Pitt we will have to get to 7-2 or even 8-2 before we are ranked
I think this is right.

Two scenarios -
  1. Big win over UCONN and beat Clemson then we will be ranked at 5-0.
  2. Beat UCONN, keep Clemson respectable, beat Pitt and UNC then we are ranked at 6-1

Rankings are all perception and right now the perception is that FSU stinks, not that we’re any good.

Need more W’s over quality to be ranked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom