Ranking the 8 teams left strongest to weakest | Syracusefan.com

Ranking the 8 teams left strongest to weakest

Alsacs

Living Legend
This is my opinion, but I would rank them like this.

1. Syracuse- I am homer, and think we are playing really well have 2 lines of depth that anybody can score from, and don't depend on 1 player like other teams. We just need to win 35-45% of the FOs at the X and I don't think we will lose.
2. North Carolina- hottest team in the country, has a dominant offense, but weak defensively.
3. Denver- its a shame 2 and 3 have to play before Memorial Day, but it should be a good high scoring matchup in Indianapolis. I would put the O/U in this game at 33.5.
4. Cornell- I think its a shame that they lost to Princeton in the Ivy tournament semis or they would have been seeded, but to our advantage they lost and opened the door for Penn State to steal the 8 seed. Pannell best player in the country and can take Cornell all the way if he plays like he did Yesterday.
5. Ohio State- I don't know much about this team, but watching them wax Towson was impressive, and they have a dynamic Canadian duo in the attack.
6. Yale- they played horrible in the first half against Penn State, but played flawlessly in the 2nd half and showed they won't be an easy out Saturday.
7. Duke- this team takes D out of Defense, they have a lot of skill on offense, but defense is really questionable, and they were lucky that the Loyola coach called a TO or they would have likely lost Yesterday, but they won and are lucky they will be playing a struggling Notre Dame team.
8. Notre Dame- I watched their game against Detroit and came away convinced Syracuse completely destroyed this team's confidence. They didn't look impressive at all, and Detroit couldn't clear the ball 4 times in a row and completely melted down. Unlike Bryant which had a dominant FO X guy Detroit outplayed ND offensively and defensively for 3 quarters. I honestly don't understand how the committee gave Notre Dame the 2nd overall, and believe it had to do with the fact they wanted them to get either the MAAC or NEC champ so they would be guaranteed to fillup Lucas Oil Stadium this week.

What do you guys/gals have 1 thru 8.

Syracuse by far has the tuffest road to the finale. If they get by Yale, you are looking at either NC or Denver, and quite frankly, homer or not, you can't tank on faceoffs like they did last night. It was painful to watch, and like after the first 10 they just gave up even trying so it seemed. We have to win 30-40% of the faceoffs to win against a NC/Denver, and unless we end up getting to ND in a final where we have proven you don't have to dominate on face offs, I think that snake is going to bite us, but even so, we have to get a better effort here or we will get knocked out. If we could even get 25% of the draws, I like our chances, but I am not sure we can do this.

I have...
NC playing Cornell for the championship right now. I sure hope I am wrong, but not optimistic after Sunday's performance from the circle.

NC
Denver
Syracuse
Cornell
OSU
ND
Duke
Yale

1) North Carolina
2) Syracuse
3) Ohio State
4) Cornell
5) Denver
6) Duke
7) Yale
8) Notre Dame

I don't think I'd worry as much about the face-offs. Massa was a brutal matchup that nobody else is going to replicate, and they gave up on the faceoffs early when they realized that they were going to dominate in 6v6 possessions on both ends of the field. UNC is a scary-looking team right now, though.

I don't think I'd worry as much about the face-offs. Massa was a brutal matchup that nobody else is going to replicate, and they gave up on the faceoffs early when they realized that they were going to dominate in 6v6 possessions on both ends of the field. UNC is a scary-looking team right now, though.
The good thing is that I didn't see UNC playing a whole lot of defense last weekend, likewise Denver.

The toughest matchup for SU is Cornell and they are on the other side of the bracket. Not saying SU cant lose Saturday or next week to either UNC/Denver because they can but the toughest opp to match up against SU is Cornell by far.

1 SU
2 UNC
3 Denver
4 nd
5 Cornell
6 OSU
7 Yale
8 duke

ND going to surprise if you think the same team from last week is going to show up at Lucas Oil Field. Their defense will give Duke fits and I expect Kemp to have a solid game. Plus, I projected them in the final when the seeding came out, no flip flopping with OOT.

I expect all of the games to be close this weekend, really looking forward to seeing what OSU can do against Cornell. I only saw a little of OSU this year, so I could be underestimating them. I think Cornell played as well as they could last week and may have peaked two weeks to early.

1 SU
2 UNC
3 Denver
4 nd
5 Cornell
6 OSU
7 Yale
8 duke

ND going to surprise if you think the same team from last week is going to show up at Lucas Oil Field. Their defense will give Duke fits and I expect Kemp to have a solid game. Plus, I projected them in the final when the seeding came out, no flip flopping with OOT.

I expect all of the games to be close this weekend, really looking forward to seeing what OSU can do against Cornell. I only saw a little of OSU this year, so I could be underestimating them. I think Cornell played as well as they could last week and may have peaked two weeks to early.

I think Cornell tOSU game is over by halftime.

1. UNC
2. Denver
3. Duke
4. Syracuse
5. Cornell
6. Notre Dame
7. OSU
8. Yale

For those on the board that stated Denver was not a good team, I hope you are right next weekend!

Surprised at how many of you ranked OSU ahead of Yale. I knew they were seeded way too high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom