Raptors last year, Heat this year: 2-3 zone | Syracusefan.com

Raptors last year, Heat this year: 2-3 zone

Do we get to hear Bomani Jones and his stupid, irritating voice tell us that the Raptors were and the Heat are cowards for playing zone? If he says it, I won’t hear it, because I can’t last 2 seconds listening to his ridiculous takes and horrible voice.

I like the forwards at the top and the guards on the backside of the zone wings because you still have a Big man in the middle

I like the forwards at the top and the guards on the backside of the zone wings because you still have a Big man in the middle
People complain about buddy and JG3 (although o thought he was decent) rebounding at the TOP of the zone ... imagine them playing the wings lol

As long as you've got the athletes why not at least some of the time. Rewatched our NCAAT game against Indiana in '13 recently. That was a thing of beauty in terms of mucking everything up for most teams. Amazing.

Edit: had to go clip this photo real quick off the replay
SmartSelect_20200918-223518_YouTube.jpg

In addition to playing 2-3, most of the teams using zone so far have also used some kind of 3/4 2-2-1 press, as well as other varieties of zones. Plus man.

Apparently switching defenses up can be effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom