9+ completions for less than 33 yards, 0 TD, 1+int

Trent Edwards and some guy for UMass are the only other ones since 2000

Edwards and Devito have some similarities, hesitant to pull the trigger

As a Bills fan

now-theres-a-name-i-havent-heard-in-a-long-time-a-long-time.jpg

9+ completions for less than 33 yards, 0 TD, 1+int

Trent Edwards and some guy for UMass are the only other ones since 2000

Edwards and Devito have some similarities, hesitant to pull the trigger

So..we have officially eclipsed a negative stat even Greg and Andrew Robinson could not achieve.

Good gravy.

Not sure if you saw the other post I had but using NFL stats when Tommy was the QB the team had negative yards passing yesterday (passing yards minus sack yards).
I didn't, thanks. This is turning into Perry Patterson. He had a stretch of games that was so bad they'd have been better off punting instead of trying to pass

Has no safety valve for a check down. In a podcast from last season, Whigham said as much. There should be a back in the flat, a receiver or TE in the slot for small gains. That's how Matt Ryan aka Matty Checkdown stayed in the league as long as he has. Michael Thomas is Brees' checkdown receiver. Elite QBs have them. Why doesn't Tommy?

Has no safety valve for a check down. In a podcast from last season, Whigham said as much. There should be a back in the flat, a receiver or TE in the slot for small gains. That's how Matt Ryan aka Matty Checkdown stayed in the league as long as he has. Michael Thomas is Brees' checkdown receiver. Elite QBs have them. Why doesn't Tommy?
Because we have to max protect so much

I mean, if DeVito had a great OL, and great RBs, and great WRs, he’d be a good QB*.

*So would 93% of P5 QBs.
Eh, this has become a thing, making it sound like DeVito needs all these special conditions in order to be successful. I'm not sure I'm really buying that.

To me the bigger thing is our offense appears to be dysfunctional across the board. I'd like to know more about why and how it gets fixed.

Because we have to max protect so much

If you had a guy in the flat you can toss to and let him try something in space wouldn't that be better than just eating a sack because a 175 pound back can't pass protect?

If you're gonna max protect might as well put in just big guys and empty back field because the RBs can't do it.

My prediction is if TD gets benched, look for him to transfer out to a school like James Madison similar to what former Pitt QB Ben DiNucci did several years ago.

My prediction is if TD gets benched, look for him to transfer out to a school like James Madison similar to what former Pitt QB Ben DiNucci did several years ago.
idk is JMU would even take him tbh, they are vying for the FCS title every year, I'm sure tommy will have some option maybe even a few P5 but nothing special, he needs everything near perfect around him and if a teams that good they probably can have 5 tommy devitos

They have something else in common. At least when it comes to this board.

Did you ever notice that you never see Iluvmygrnds and You Know Who in the room at the same time? Kind of makes you wonder...

I mean, I guess he's fulfilling the projection of becoming a record-setting QB ... I'm sorry, couldn't resist. He really seems like a good kid and a talented player but for whatever reason it's objectively just not working at all. Hopefully the staff and Tommy can figure it out.

What amazes me is this. Year 1 of Dino ends in a loss to Pitt, 76-61, IIRC

Year 1 could put up 60 with Officer Mahoney directing it.

Year 5 with an Elite 11 attendee who has been in the program for multiple years, produces these stats. Just amazing

I’m not sure a check down would work. As many people have pointed out he has had multiple receivers open on multiple plays but does not throw to them.
Another concern is that when he does throw quick it is without evaluating the coverage. I saw several plays where wr had multiple Defender’s around him but instead of going to the next read just threw the ball.
Same thing on running plays. The defense is clearly coming up but instead of checking out to another play just snaps the ball and hands off for the rb to get stuffed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom