Class of 2018 - RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

I'm not too worried anymore about hanging on to skill position players on Offense. "Hey kid, want to come break some records created by hall of famers on your way to the NFL?" Pretty solid sales pitch.

Huge weekend for Dixon.

The Fighting Indians (5-0) just keep rolling along in their 42-7 win over Olympic Heights on Friday.

Senior running back Akeem Dixon racked up 117 yards on 16 carries, added another 50 yards on four receptions and found the end zone four times to help lead the state's Class 8A fifth-ranked team to a lopsided victory at Billy Livings Field at the Citrus Bowl in Vero Beach.

Olympic Heights (3-2) tied the score midway through the first quarter when quarterback James Micioni connected with wideout Michael Ipolito for a 30-yard touchdown pass. After that, it was all Dixon and quarterback Nick Celidonio, who tossed a touchdown pass to Jacob Bell in the third quarter and completed 13 of 16 passes for 123 yards and no interceptions.

Vero Beach travels to play Treasure Coast High School next Friday at South County Stadium.

Dixon, Celidonio keep Vero Beach unbeaten

4. Akeem the Dream?

Vero Beach running back Akeem Dixon’s Twitter handle is @AkeemtheDream6, but he’s been a nightmare for opposing defenses.

The Syracuse commit rushed for four touchdowns against a stout Olympic Heights defense in the Fighting Indians’ 42-7 win Friday. That’s now eight touchdowns for Dixon in the past three teams (Pahokee, St. Lucie West Centennial and Heights) with playoff aspirations.

More importantly for Vero Beach, the Fighting Indians improve to 4-0 for the fifth consecutive season and likely will remain atop the playoff points standings in Class 8A.

Five takeaways from Week 7 high school football

Vero Beach keeps rolling. Dixon with 12 carries 113 yards and a touchdown.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/sports/...h-complete-win-over-treasure-coast/755373001/

dixon1.jpg

dixon2.jpg

Kid is beefy. He'll look outstanding in Orange after a year of conditioning.

he's thick but built like a brick ****house. A year with Edinger and look out.

This pick is just from a few weeks ago.

dixon3.jpg

looks like that guy we have lacked between he tackles who can keep the chains moving. With Elmore leading thats a big backfield.

Reminds me of Delone Carter a bit. Big, strong kid with patience and great feet. His top end speed probably isn’t as good as Delone’s, but they have very similar styles.

I can see why the staff would offer him - great fit for this offense.

PL

small creases with some wiggle/power which is about all the oline can create at this point.

After a redshirt year he'll be a bit faster hopefully and maybe 6'0 220-225? That's a beast right there!

Why is no one posting in this thread. Hes our only rb recruit (assuming jj is a wait) and hasnt sent in nli. Did i miss somethig?

Why is no one posting in this thread. Hes our only rb recruit (assuming jj is a wait) and hasnt sent in nli. Did i miss somethig?
Jawar Jordan also. Pins and needles, as this position is in desperate need of an upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom