Class of 2017 - RB Allen Stritzinger (MI) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Allen Stritzinger (MI) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

“(Coach Wheatley) is still on me about playing running back,” Stritzinger said of UM running backs coach Tyrone Wheatley. “But there are a lot of kids who are in the position to play both ways, and after seeing how Jabrill (Peppers) was used this year as an athlete, that’s what I’m looking at. That’s the same thing that I want to be, to be out on both sides of the ball, any way I can to get on the field.”

http://mgoblog.com/category/tags/allen-stritzinger

Last edited:
Positive feedback. Tough schools to beat, but it sounds as if we have a footing and a chance.

• Warren (Mich.) De La Salle’s Allen Stritzinger made plays on both sides of the ball in the camp, but his future is in the secondary at safety. Stritzinger has a strong base, good change of direction and has the tools to be a versatile player as a defensive back. Michigan continues to be a top choice but Syracuse is making a strong run.

I really can see this kid committing to SU. He has kept us in his interest for awhile now. jmo

Warren (Mich.) De La Salle defensive back prospect Allen Stritzinger showed he was one of the Midwest's best athletes at the Ohio Nike Football The Opening Regional earlier this month, clocking a 4.67 laser-timed 40-yard dash with a very impressive 4.07 shuttle at a rocked up 6-foot, 184-pounds.

Stritzinger has also performed on the field and will wrap up his career as a four-year varsity player, a difference-maker on both sides of the ball for De La Salle.
This summer could really be a big one for the talented Stritzinger as he's ready to camp all over in earning more opportunities. Scholarships from Syracuse, Western Michigan and Michigan are three he's currently high on.
"I'll be at Illinois, Penn State, Syracuse, Michigan State, & Notre Dame," Stritzinger said.
Ranked by 2/47Sports as the No. 15 recruit in the state of Michigan, the Wolverines were considered the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for Stritzinger for the longest but Syracuse could gain some traction.
"Not necessarily on top, but a favorite because I really like what they are doing there," Stritzinger said of the Orange. "Still very interested in UofM and Western as well!"

Michigan RB/DB target Allen Stritzinger shows speed in track, has Syracuse high on list (mlive.com; Purcell)

Although track and field and football are two different sports, watchingWarren De La Salle junior Allen Stritzinger compete in both of them is essentially the same since all he does is run away from opponents.

As a running back and defensive back in football, Strizinger is difficult to run down once he gets into the secondary. On Saturday at the Division 1 track and field state championships in Hudsonville, he put his speed to good use by capturing all-state honors in the 110 hurdles with a sixth-place finish and a time of 14.60.

"It's a workout for football," Stritzinger said of running the hurdles. "It's something that gets me prepared for the football season but I'm still going to compete in it because I love this sport just as much as I love football. It's a fun activity for me to be doing while football isn't going on."

In football, Stritzinger is a three-star recruit according to No links to . . . allowed on this site and he currently holds 13 offers. Currently, his only Big Ten offer is from the University of Michigan while schools like Syracuse and Western Michigan are also the list.

"It's a tremendous honor and a blessing to have that offer," Stritzinger said. "Being recruited by coach (Tyrone) Wheatley, it's a great deal (with) him being from the area and me and him keeping contact like we do. It's a fun thing."

Even with the Michigan offer, however, it appears that Syracuse is the school that Stritzinger is holding in his highest regard at this point, partly because they have kept the most contact with him and are recruiting him specifically as a running back instead of a defensive back. Stritzinger said that the rest of the schools he has heard from have not been as specific of where on the field they would like him to play at this point. He is also getting recruited by Syracuse running backs coach Mike Hart, who was a former standout at Michigan.

"I like Syracuse a lot," Stritzinger said. "I love Syracuse. I've been there four times. My dad loved it and my mom loved it. Coach (Vinson) Reynolds and coach (Dino) Babers, all of them keep tremendous amount of contact with me. Same with coach Hart. I really like what they're doing there."

It would be so sweet if we could pull him from UM. One of the top kids in Michigan, and the two main coaches recruiting him are former UM running backs. I mean, soooooooooooo sweeeeeet.

That's Toledo not Tenn. that is still in the mix.

Last edited:
I don't know what it is but there is something about this kid that he has SU all over him. I say call him up tonight and tell him a bedtime story and he is all ours. lol

So Michigan is recruiting him at DB because they are full at RB...per Stritzinger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom