Class of 2016 - RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty

Why does this situation remind me of Tyler Rouse?
Jordan Canzeri was a similar situation. Rouse is small though and that worked against him. Not sure why this kid is getting so little (no) interest.

Jordan Canzeri was a similar situation. Rouse is small though and that worked against him. Not sure why this kid is getting so little (no) interest.
Got lots of interest, just one offer from UTEP at this time...actually it may be a good thing with all these kids that develop a Prima Donna complex and lack loyalty to commitments.

Got lots of interest, just one offer from UTEP at this time...actually it may be a good thing with all these kids that develop a Prima Donna complex and lack loyalty to commitments.
Sorry...meant offers I guess...not interest. However, both Canzeri (Iowa) and Rouse (BC) ended up with good offers in the end.

Sorry...meant offers I guess...not interest. However, both Canzeri (Iowa) and Rouse (BC) ended up with good offers in the end.
Good point about those two. Mack will get his. Just wish it was at SU

Canzeri is having an excellent season for Iowa - not to hijack the thread.

I agree...and I liked the kid in H.S. but I would not trade any of our 1st - 3rd string backs for him.

My stepson beat him a couple of times in the 100M in high school.

Mack broke his left hand and will be out a couple weeks and miss their last 2 regular season games. He had 2 screws placed in it and is expected back for the sectionals.

The word was he broke it prior to his last game. If that is true, he's is truely a tough kid.
Yeah. Helmet to hand against Fairport. Didn't want to come out of he game. I had to tell the coach to sit him second half. Doc ok to play OP game and get fixed on Monday. Only took about 30 minutes to fix. He's already to come back but has to go 10 days minimum. Got full motion and strength. Pain gone as well. Real blessing!

Good point about those two. Mack will get his. Just wish it was at SU
What's the deal with this Preferred Walk-on offer we received from CUSE? Joshua currently has full-ride offers from UTEP and URI. Univ of Cent Conn and Maine has him on top of their leaderboard. Got an official visit coming up at Old D. Also recently received a call from Kansas expressing their interest. His mother and I would like him to stay close to home and attend SU, but we can't turn down a full-ride offer to a good school. Considering the current state of SU football, I think they are making a major mistake by under-valuing his ability.

New coach, new philosophies, new assessments....it might be a good idea to see what happens with the new staff before closing the door on SU.

What's the deal with this Preferred Walk-on offer we received from CUSE? Joshua currently has full-ride offers from UTEP and URI. Univ of Cent Conn and Maine has him on top of their leaderboard. Got an official visit coming up at Old D. Also recently received a call from Kansas expressing their interest. His mother and I would like him to stay close to home and attend SU, but we can't turn down a full-ride offer to a good school. Considering the current state of SU football, I think they are making a major mistake by under-valuing his ability.

I would hold off on your judgement of SU until a new coach is in place. Follow suit to what the other recruits are doing, stand pat and see who gets hired.

I would hold off on your judgement of SU until a new coach is in place. Follow suit to what the other recruits are doing, stand pat and see who gets hired.
This is true. A couple of years ago, Chauncey Scissum was in exactly the same position Josh is in now. He wanted to go to SU but Doug Marrone was the HC and he decided not to offer him. Once he left and Scott Shafer was named the new SU HC, one of the first things he did was offer Chauncey, who immediately accepted. He is starting at free safety now. To further the comparison, Chauncey is also from the Rochester area.

I would sit tight and see what happens. I don't think it will take long for SU to name the new HC.

I was gonna say exactly what Sutomcat said. New staff may love what they see in him but take his visits to all those places you mentioned, if he likes one of them commit. Just re-evaluated your options if SU or any other big school come in with a late offer. He is a talented kid. Thanks for keeping us updated on his recruitment.

Great choice for new coach! What are the next steps for recruiting? Joshua is a little bitter about the last staff. Got official visits to Old D, UTEP coming up, and URI (this weekend). His mother and I really want him at SU!
The rest of the BG staff are staying to coach their bowl game so, I imagine you will hear from Dino or Eric White etc. One thing is for sure and that is we will need corner backs.

As others said, wait and see what Babers says or if he offers. If not though, honestly, getting an education for free, rather than possibly taking on a bunch of debt to possibly get a break later, seems like the best move.

Speed didn't appear to be an issue from what I saw. His particular talent appears really to be the between the tackles vision and elusiveness to turn a short play into a huge gain and the Churn keeping his legs moving through tacklers. He dint get tackled till 3 mine into the film and most tackles took 3 guys to get him down. Not bad at all thanks Tbox.

Still have not received a favorable response from the new SU coaching staff. Will verbally commit this week but I would like for it to be SU.

Still have not received a favorable response from the new SU coaching staff. Will verbally commit this week but I would like for it to be SU.
Did you get any response?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom