Class of 2016 - RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty

i think the kid should just take 1 of his other P5 offers and stick it to Syracuse. personally, i thought that was a great note from wittke, im surprised he took the time to do so. maybe because he was a NY kid, i dont know.

just my .02, but i want the best players possible on my team, not the best players from local schools.
There are occasions when the potential best players on the team come from local schools but because of certain stigma of local talent get under valued by staff! Many HS players are rated as best players across this country for a number of reason, but they don't always live up to their reputation. For me the under-rated player, such as Tom Brady, work the hardest because they always play like they have something to prove. These are the guys that win championships and Super Bowls. Wake up! Every school in the country want the best players on their team. I want the best players on my fantasy football team but reality is another thing. Hey, thanks for you .02 though!

Mack was the most dynamic RB in the state of NY the past 2 years and was voted the No.2 athlete in Section V, next to Jake Zimbec. Where was Riggins in this mix? Riggins is a decent athlete but you don't know football if you feel he is a different story!

I think the "different story" comment was regarding how SU handled Riggins' recruitment, not about the ability of the players.

There are occasions when the potential best players on the team come from local schools but because of certain stigma of local talent get under valued by staff! Many HS players are rated as best players across this country for a number of reason, but they don't always live up to their reputation. For me the under-rated player, such as Tom Brady, work the hardest because they always play like they have something to prove. These are the guys that win championships and Super Bowls. Wake up! Every school in the country want the best players on their team. I want the best players on my fantasy football team but reality is another thing. Hey, thanks for you .02 though!
i got a lot of loose change.

but why maine instead of UTEP or rutgers??

i get UTEP is far, but damn its UTEP.

same with rutgers, theyre in the b1g and close.

regardless...you should be an EXTREMELY happy man, your boy is going to a good school for free and if he does well...will get a NFL look.

fan-the fluck-tastic.

Has Colgate or UB shown interest?
UB says their full at RBs...Colgate...no contact. Did receive recent inquiry/interest from US Military Academy, Nebraska, Univ of Central Mich, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Old D says they have one player in front. I imagine their will be more activity after February 4. To be honest, I am more of a fan of SU than my son is. But he would attend on my recommendation.

i got a lot of loose change.

but why maine instead of UTEP or rutgers??

i get UTEP is far, but damn its UTEP.

same with rutgers, theyre in the b1g and close.

regardless...you should be an EXTREMELY happy man, your boy is going to a good school for free and if he does well...will get a NFL look.

fan-the fluck-tastic.
Rutger wanted him to play CB. UTEP fired the offensive coordinator whom he had established a rapport with. The RB coach seemed a bit shady and biased toward Texas RBs!

Rutger wanted him to play CB. UTEP fired the offensive coordinator whom he had established a rapport with. The RB coach seemed a bit shady and biased toward Texas RBs!
fair enough.

i get the UTEP stuff.

but why not rutgers??

we are talking Big1o and a phenomenally ranked school.

why is RB so much more important than CB??

as far as the next level goes...the NFL has clearly moved to a passing dominant league with WRs being the skill player du jour and CB being an equal??

Mack was the most dynamic RB in the state of NY the past 2 years and was voted the No.2 athlete in Section V, next to Jake Zimbec. Where was Riggins in this mix? Riggins is a decent athlete but you don't know football if you feel he is a different story!
Congrats to your son. I'm sure you are proud of his choice to continue football at the next level. I'm sure you believe he was the best RB in NY the last 2 years, but you discount how good Jordan Fredericks was...

In a way you are living all of our dreams in having a kid talented enough to be considered for a scholarship at our favorite school.

Please though don't let your fandom get in the way of your sons choice. Remember he is the one it will affect the most for the rest of his life. Which school will set him up best for a career that he wants after? I played d3 ball and went to the best school I got into. Best decision I ever made. Every single one of my friends on the team has a successful career outside of football.

I know football pretty well...at least my former collegiate playing and coaching experience would dictate so. My point was that Riggins had a Syracuse offer prior to the new staff. I feel for the young man, and your post is a bit harsh towards him.

There is nothing wrong with that level of football -- your son will enjoy it. Much like RICuse44, I decided to to go to a great academic school. I didn't play division 1 hockey, but I lettered in 3 sports and had great experience.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Although he didn't end up at SU, I like following and keeping up with the local kids that end up playing FCS and FBS ball. Hope he continues to play well and win more accolades! More importantly, I hope he stays healthy and has a great time at U-Maine.

I still think SU should have offered and I dont say that about a lot of local kids. He is doing what I expected him to do. He is definitely a FBS player. Im glad he's doing well and hope the best for him. Coach Ambrosie has done a great job recruiting Rochester. He will continue to steal kids.

Could possibly put in a year or 2 and inspect some depth charts at P5 schools and try to cherry pick a spot somewhere with more exposure. More of something that we see in basketball with someone like Seth Curry or many others but seems like it could be a realistic scenario though the 1 year penalty sort of throws a wrench into the plan & projecting depth charts going foward.

Could possibly put in a year or 2 and inspect some depth charts at P5 schools and try to cherry pick a spot somewhere with more exposure. More of something that we see in basketball with someone like Seth Curry or many others but seems like it could be a realistic scenario though the 1 year penalty sort of throws a wrench into the plan & projecting depth charts going foward.
No penalty for moving up or down, just laterally. I sure wish he was at SU to help the run/pass game...

No penalty for moving up or down, just laterally. I sure wish he was at SU to help the run/pass game...
Late to the party here, but there is a penalty for moving up. Adam Harris had to sit for a year when he came here from Cornell.

Not too often do you see a Sophomore winning these awards nevertheless winning them so congrats to him.
I’ve found the FCS to be like hockey, if you’re team ain’t in it then who cares. Yes, I am just bitter that my team is out for the second year in a row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom