Class of 2016 - RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
So... I was talking to a dear friend from HS, who happens to be the head coach of JMack in Pittsford, NY. Not sure if any of you from Central or Western NY have been following this young man, but you should. He is a RB/CB and my friend has told me he thinks Joshua is as good as any player in Rochester in the last 20 years (legit/not kidding). His stats from the his last game (wknd) 25 carries, 305yrds and 5td's. He is playing at 6'1/203. STUD!

The obvious question I asked: Has CUSE reached out, Answer: NO

I can't speak about Coach (Pittsford), but I think there is a feeling in upstate that CUSE is so enamored with the speed athletes out of Florida/South, they are missing out on kids that would leave a leg or arm on the field for the home state school. Of course, the argument against is the caliber of "talent" in NYS vs some of the other southern tier states = no comparison. I get all that.. Just saying, we have missed out on several "high profile" athletes Upstate and Downstate in the last 4 years that win or lose would love to have had them join us. (Jarron Jones played pretty well vs us in the ND game)

You would not be happy who has reached out to Joshua already. And let's be clear, this young man CARES about CUSE and would most likely be very interested.

My two cents and enjoy the gazillion touchdown runs in this video...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3953839/highlights

And YES, I emailed Eric White with my Bi-annual recruiting email...

GO CUSE and let's jump on this...

Just saying, we have missed out on several "high profile" athletes Upstate and Downstate in the last 4 years that win or lose would love to have had them join us. (Jarron Jones played pretty well vs us in the ND game)

Just curious, are you stating that we haven't offered those recruits Upstate and Downstate or that we lost the recruiting battle? They are very different and the way I read your post based on everything else you mentioned is that we blew it because we didn't offer.

I can't speak about Coach (Pittsford), but I think there is a feeling in upstate that CUSE is so enamored with the speed athletes out of Florida/South, they are missing out on kids that would leave a leg or arm on the field for the home state school. .

there's the rochester kids who bag on syracuse - gause, webb
the rochester kids who decommit from syracuse - devan carter
the rochester kids who cant be bothered by syracuse - jaron jones

syracuse spends a good amount of time in rochester. if the syracuse coaches thought he was the best player in rochester in the past 20 years, i'm sure they would get involved.

syracuse spends a good amount of time in rochester. if the syracuse coaches thought he was the best player in rochester in the past 20 years, i'm sure they would get involved.

Just letting you know how coaches feel in Rochester my friend. There is a lot more that I won't go into on that front. You are right, the kid will end up at Penn State, because he is not good enough for Syracuse.

Pittsford plays at Aquinas Saturday night. SU has already offered Jamir Jones of Aquinas. Maybe one of the coaches will show up Saturday to see Jones and Mack.

During the build up to last week's game Jarron Jones said in a couple of interviews that he was very interested in SU but wanted to get away from home. The oldest brother was an SU commit but didn't qualify.

Syracuse has and always will recruit Rochester. There is no doubt in my mind that if this kid is legit D-I talent that the coaches are aware of him. Unfortunately, the time, effort and offers trying to build ties with the area hasn't led to a lot of success in the last 10 years as the high D-I guys from that area choose elsewhere (Pitt, Penn St., VTech, Rutgers to name a few). We currently have offers out to a few 2016 players in that area now.

I know some Rochester area people were bent out of shape that Nicholas and Noye didn't get offers last year, however, they ended up at ODU and not high D-I.

I'm all for building a pipeline from Rochester to the Cuse for many reasons but the HS coaches can't expect that SU will take all the leftovers after the blue chippers choose elsewhere. That's not reasonable.

To be fair, the competition in those highlights is pretty awful.

So... I was talking to a dear friend from HS, who happens to be the head coach of JMack in Pittsford, NY. Not sure if any of you from Central or Western NY have been following this young man, but you should. He is a RB/CB and my friend has told me he thinks Joshua is as good as any player in Rochester in the last 20 years (legit/not kidding). His stats from the his last game (wknd) 25 carries, 305yrds and 5td's. He is playing at 6'1/203. STUD!

The obvious question I asked: Has CUSE reached out, Answer: NO

I can't speak about Coach (Pittsford), but I think there is a feeling in upstate that CUSE is so enamored with the speed athletes out of Florida/South, they are missing out on kids that would leave a leg or arm on the field for the home state school. Of course, the argument against is the caliber of "talent" in NYS vs some of the other southern tier states = no comparison. I get all that.. Just saying, we have missed out on several "high profile" athletes Upstate and Downstate in the last 4 years that win or lose would love to have had them join us. (Jarron Jones played pretty well vs us in the ND game)

You would not be happy who has reached out to Joshua already. And let's be clear, this young man CARES about CUSE and would most likely be very interested.

My two cents and enjoy the gazillion touchdown runs in this video...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3953839/highlights

And YES, I emailed Eric White with my Bi-annual recruiting email...

GO CUSE and let's jump on this...

My computer may be a bit slow but he didn't look too quick off the ball. I like his build though and his downhill running. Wish his competition was better.

Pittsford plays at Aquinas Saturday night. SU has already offered Jamir Jones of Aquinas. Maybe one of the coaches will show up Saturday to see Jones and Mack.

During the build up to last week's game Jarron Jones said in a couple of interviews that he was very interested in SU but wanted to get away from home. The oldest brother was an SU commit but didn't qualify.

Wanted to get away from home? Give that young man a map and make sure he is not a geography major..

Speed looks to be an issue, not blown away by his speed

Presume he'll get faster. Looks like he needs to open up his stride a bit which is simple enough. What he does have is exceptional vision which, as we have learned, is much harder to teach.

My computer may be a bit slow but he didn't look too quick off the ball. I like his build though and his downhill running. Wish his competition was better.

Sure the competition doesn't look all that great, but the kid was clearly running away from kids. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a 4.5-4.6. It's not like the competition for Fredericks and Perkins is any better, and I thought this film was just as good.

Still I am done with just offering this kid because he is from Rochester. Once the Rochester coaches (excluding Money of course) start pushing their kids, and i'm talking all the kids (Jones, Carter, Zembiac, etc) then that's when I will start worrying if their feelings are hurt.

Just letting you know how coaches feel in Rochester my friend. There is a lot more that I won't go into on that front. You are right, the kid will end up at Penn State, because he is not good enough for Syracuse.
You said that is what you think they feel and you could not speak for the coach.

Can someone help me out here. I don't know all the history with recruiting and the Rochester area as I started really following recruiting only 5-6 years ago. I've always been completely shocked that so many Rochester kids end up going elsewhere though. Buffalo is a bit further away, so I'm not so shocked when it comes to those kids, but Rochester is so damn close. What is the issue with the high school coaches when it comes to SU? Appreciate any and all information you all can provide.

Maybe money3189 can chime in on this kid and his talent level.

anomander said:
Sure the competition doesn't look all that great, but the kid was clearly running away from kids. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a 4.5-4.6. It's not like the competition for Fredericks and Perkins is any better, and I thought this film was just as good. Still I am done with just offering this kid because he is from Rochester. Once the Rochester coaches (excluding Money of course) start pushing their kids, and i'm talking all the kids (Jones, Carter, Zembiac, etc) then that's when I will start worrying if their feelings are hurt.

Agreed!

Speed didn't appear to be an issue from what I saw. His particular talent appears really to be the between the tackles vision and elusiveness to turn a short play into a huge gain and the Churn keeping his legs moving through tacklers. He dint get tackled till 3 mine into the film and most tackles took 3 guys to get him down. Not bad at all thanks Tbox.

Just go get the best kids, don't care where they are from. We need athletes first, 1-2 years in the program and then they will be ready. To me this kid looks like another kid who will be solid but I read here from everybody we need more "playmakers" To me play makers have speed and elusiveness Don't get me wrong I think we will offer the kid but I am certainly not blown away. He reminds me of the kid from Onondaga that went to UCF and almost transferred here.

Give him a couple years in Hick's program... Nevermind

Can someone help me out here. I don't know all the history with recruiting and the Rochester area as I started really following recruiting only 5-6 years ago. I've always been completely shocked that so many Rochester kids end up going elsewhere though. Buffalo is a bit further away, so I'm not so shocked when it comes to those kids, but Rochester is so damn close. What is the issue with the high school coaches when it comes to SU? Appreciate any and all information you all can provide.

Maybe money3189 can chime in on this kid and his talent level.
It's not just Rochester. Syracuse has had a tough time competing against Penn State, ND, etc. when recruiting kids. The Rochester kids we have missed on have gone on to pretty good schools.

Thanks for posting that T. I don't know if the staff offers him or not but it is still early in the 2016 recruiting process. They have only offered 30-40 kids in the 2016 class so far that I find. That is a fraction of what was offered for 2015. Plus I have checked the recruiting sites and Mack has not been, not unsurprisingly, evaluated or offered by any other schools yet. I would guess that with some kids they are simply going to wait until the season is over so that they have more film to review and are able to watch in person.

How many times does the OP think the coaching staff needs to have a knife stuck in their back by some upstate kid who just wants Syracuse to recruit him to pump up his profile and then get an offer from some out of state school and take that instead? He would just be an average player in most football hotbed states .

How many times does the OP think the coaching staff needs to have a knife stuck in their back by some upstate kid who just wants Syracuse to recruit him to pump up his profile and then get an offer from some out of state school and take that instead? He would just be an average player in most football hotbed states .

So don't bother because they might verbal somewhere else? What?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom