Class of 2016 - RB Dwayne Eskridge (IN) WMU Commit | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Dwayne Eskridge (IN) WMU Commit

CuseLegacy

Free Article

D'Wayne Eskridge committed to Western Michigan with Mike Hart as his primary recruiter. Now that Hart is with Syracuse, the Orange are looking for a flip.

The new running backs coach at Syracuse is local high school legend Mike Hart. Hart has spent the last years at Western Michigan, where he has become a skilled talent evaluator and helped the Broncos land some talented recruits.

One of the players he recruited and landed in the 2016 is three-star Bluffton (Ind.) High running back D'Wayne Eskridge, one of the top backs in the Midwest. Since transitioning to the Orange, Hart has been in contact with Eskridge in an attempt to get the talented running back to follow him to Central New York.

"Yeah he told me about that," Eskridge said. "It means a lot."

Eskridge said he is still in the process of taking all of the change in and evaluating his options. Syracuse is trying to get him on campus for an official visit, which would be huge for their chances. Eskridge is still discussing that possibility with his family at this time.

What Syracuse does have in their favor is his strong relationship with Hart throughout the recruiting process at WMU. If Eskridge wants to play for Hart and continue that relationship, the Orange would be in a very good spot.

"He got my grades back up," he said. "We had a plan and developed the relationship we built with him and my family."

To further Syracuse's efforts to pull Eskridge to the Orange, Hart is slated to go visit him at his high school after the dead period, Eskridge said. He believes the date for that visit is Friday, January 15th.

The Orange are involved with several running backs in the 2016 class since the new staff has taken over. But Eskridge is one of the players they view as a top priority.

I would still place Bodner and Moran ahead of this kid. He is very good and has good hands out of the backfield

If he's good enough for Mike Hart then he's good enough for me.

This kid really knows how to stick his foot in the ground and change his direction on a dime. A little bit like Prince Tyson Gulley. Definitely think that ability and being able to catch the ball out of the backfield could pay dividends for us in Dino's offense.

I like the Hamilton kid from Miami the best of the RBs we're recruiting.

I don't like Moran's film as much as this kid, Brodner, and a bunch of the other backs we're looking at. Surprised he's a 4 star.

Me too. Granted, this is only based on HS highlight tapes, but I really like Eskridge (4.48 verified?) and Bodner (4.5 @ 215, POY i). I'm sure Moran is very good. But these two kids look much better on tape, and with projectable measureables.

I really like the way this staff thinks when it comes to recruiting.

I saw a recent S cout interview with Dohn (spelling; free article/video). When asked if he saw differences in recruiting between Babers and SS's staff, he said something like "yeah, they are going after good players."

I don't like Moran's film as much as this kid, Brodner, and a bunch of the other backs we're looking at. Surprised he's a 4 star.
bnoro , I really respect your opinion on prospects & miss your Nunes articles, btw. Any chance you could list your personal top 3-4 RB targets that we're recruiting, based on skill-set/fit for our system rather than likelihood of a commitment?

Last edited by a moderator:
bnoro , I really respect your opinion on prospects & miss your Nunes articles, btw. Any chance you could list your personal top 3-4 RB targets that we're recruiting, based on skill-set/fit for our system rather than likelihood of a commitment?
Personally I think Eskridge and Killens excite me the most in Babers system, then Brodner, Hamilton, then Moran. I'd be happy with any of the five though.

My guess is they are looking at him for the slot receiver position. Seems pretty comfortable when he is lined up in it.

Disappointed that he's not lined up for an OV yet. Hoping that he might follow Mike Hart, looked awfully talented his the video above. Any news on this one?

Disappointed that he's not lined up for an OV yet. Hoping that he might follow Mike Hart, looked awfully talented his the video above. Any news on this one?
Only thing I know on any of these kids is that they are having to submit their transcripts before any ov is set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom