Class of 2014 - RB Erv Phillips (CT) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Erv Phillips (CT)

Phillips, a 5-11, 180-pound back who should be one of the state’s best players in 2013, was naturally excited:

Phillips has been a standout since starring alongside his brother, Kevin, as a West Haven freshman in 2010.
He led the Westies in rushing last year with 1,030 yards and 22 touchdowns. West Haven was 8-2 and reached the Class LL quarterfinals where it lost to Staples. The Westies have reached the playoffs twice over the last three seasons with Phillips in the lineup.
Ervin Phillips has been all-state and also a Levi Jackson team selection.
With NFA’s Marcus Outlow committed to Boston College, 2013 is shaping up to be the year of the tailback. Phillips has an offer to go with his D-1 interest. There’s also Ansonia’s Arkeel Newsome (who already has a UConn offer) and Hillhouse’s Harold Cooper.

5'10" 170 lbs no speed numbers.At that size he must be fast to give him a full ride at Syracuse.The body mass is more of a concern despite his ability to jack that if he comes.

FWIW Cali, The Hudl video says 4.53 for a "speed number." I don't think he was offered for straight line speed. Shifty runner with vision, based on the clips.

Shafer making a hell of an impression. Always a good thing. I almost want him solely because fans were salty we had offered a CT kid before them.

i have worked with a few people from west haven and they were big syracuse fans...these were a few recent to the AARP CLUB

@Ambition1_: Will Not Be At Syracuse This Sunday Anymore Smh

No commit this wknd.

@Ambition1_: Will Not Be At Syracuse This Sunday Anymore Smh

No commit this wknd.

I was worried about this when he tweeted today that the day just kept getting worse.

1. Ryan 20m
  2. @dslivka stuff happens. It is no biggie

1. me19_normal.jpg
    Ryan
    18m
    @dslivka he will still be visiting

He clarifies that the staff wont be around d/t father's day. He'll be up some weekend though. Hope this wasnt poor planning on our part

ORANGEMEN RECRUITING@CuseRecruiting7h
Father's Day... Moved to following Sunday ..

Used to live in West Haven and now live nearby. Have to check him out next season if this gets more serious. I know the coach at West Haven. We used to kick butt with Connecticut kids but that changed when UConn upgraded its program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erv Philips@Ambition1_ 5h
Syracuse In The Morning !!

If he is back to visiting us this weekend, and assuming no changes to his decision day, he's very very high on us. Gotta assume we'd be the team to beat for his services at this point

If he is back to visiting us this weekend, and assuming no changes to his decision day, he's very very high on us. Gotta assume we'd be the team to beat for his services at this point
He didnt visit last week...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom