Class of 2019 - RB Garrison Johnson (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Garrison Johnson (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

This is one stud of a running back. Power and speed. This 4* recruit would be a big bonus to our stable of running backs.

Who is on campus this weekend?

This is one stud of a running back. Power and speed. This 4* recruit would be a big bonus to our stable of running backs.

This would be a big time "get" -- adding Martin to the staff would be dividends early if he could snare this kid.

This would be a big time "get" -- adding Martin to the staff would be dividends early if he could snare this kid.
Agreed. While bringing his son up was a nice add, hauling in a non family member talent like this young man would be a good sign of his recruiting chops.

So in reading the article, did I read correctly that he is visiting in January and if others don’t commit it may open a door for him? So he received basically a conditional offer before from Syracuse? So if Dukes goes another direction, this guy might be next in line? Ummm...the young man can run and run hard. Would love to see a flip here.

So in reading the article, did I read correctly that he is visiting in January and if others don’t commit it may open a door for him? So he received basically a conditional offer before from Syracuse? So if Dukes goes another direction, this guy might be next in line? Ummm...the young man can run and run hard. Would love to see a flip here.

I don't think so. I think there's room. Especially with Coach Martin on staff. North Texas was pushing for him to commit tom'w, and he was having second thoughts. He probably didn't foresee the successful season that we'd have. In other words, he could be one of the first to flip exclusively due to our success this year.

Regardless, he decided that he didn't WANT to sign until Feb. I don't think we're making him stand in line.

Feel a little bad for North Texas. Stings to lose your top recruit night before signing day.

Last edited:
There is our power back. Put him with Jordan and we have our Thunder & Lightning.

Im going to assume a team like S Carolina has Dukes waiting and we have this kid waiting for us. What this sounds like to me.
I would take this kid any day of the week if Dukes went to SC.