Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

The fact that he, a senior, is retaking Freshman classes sounds crazy. Has he been at the same high school for four years?

Maybe failed a couple of classes as a freshman that he never re-took ?

Lets pull for the kid. He seems super loyal and would flourish in our O.

I don’t think anyone is rooting against him. Of course we want him to make it to SU. Just not sure it’s realistic given the situation.

Maybe. I would have thought he would have done that in Summer school...not wait until Senior year.

No idea what his home life is, nor should I speculate, but some kids have a tough enough time making it to school during the regular school year with buses. Let alone summer when there aren’t usually any.

The fact that he, a senior, is retaking Freshman classes sounds crazy. Has he been at the same high school for four years?

I took earth science as a senior, I didn’t do well in the class as a freshman and had room to do so as a senior.

Sad to see JJ not here, at least not now.

Thought he was complementary to our other backs and could have been a difference maker on a team seriously in need of difference makers.

I’m still all in with Jawhar. I’ve covered him on the board and been wowed by his athletic talent and speed since he committed to us. We need his speed and “cuts on a dime” moves.

Don’t know why he didn’t summer school to cover the classes he missed as a freshman. His reasons alone.

The fact that he’s in touch with Dave Boller every day who is offering help, guidance and encouragement, the fact that is mother is admitting who the suitors were who were trying to get him to flip, and that he is along with Boller trying first to get him eligible – “we are focusing on qualifying first, we will talk more about the NLI when I get there” shows me he is fully committed to SU.

He is not trying to pull anything shady which I understood from him from the beginning – he’s “110 per cent committed to us” going by his word which I take as the gold standard no matter what else goes on in CFB – you say this – I say that – bullshit! Be your word, qualify and get your butt here!

"I need to redeem myself in classes I took my freshman year," Jordan said. "I (had) just moved from New York so school was more different (than) where I transferred from.

"... I am working hard to resolve this right now and will qualify sooner than you think. It could even be a few days after Signing Day." How this works, I don’t know but he said it.

He's still hopeful to be enrolled at Syracuse for the summer.

His words – let’s see if he keeps them to SU. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't there also an ACT a few days after signing day that he can take?

I took earth science as a senior, I didn’t do well in the class as a freshman and had room to do so as a senior.
I did not enjoy that class. Kudos to you for taking it twice.

Maybe. I would have thought he would have done that in Summer school...not wait until Senior year.
He could have passed but barely. I feel like I’ve heard of football players retaking old classes which could change D’s into A’s and reduce the qualifying score needed on the ACT or SAT. I may be wrong about that though.

"...and will qualify sooner than you think. It could even be a few days after Signing Day."

Please,please, destroy that ACT on Feb 10!

I'm SOOO excited about this kid, and your telling me there's a chance. Good luck, Jawhar. Take care of business. We're all pulling for you!

UCLA, Florida State, Oregon, etc...

Last edited:
I remember Earth Science because everyone was failing. Thankfully instead of making the students retake the class they fired the teacher. She was really, really bad.

What's the deal with Earth Science?
(said in Seinfeld voice)
My daughter's school didn't even have a teacher for it initially this year, just a sub.
Then they finally hired somebody, who is awful.

Thankfully, my girl's a sharp cookie, so she's still averaging a 93, in spite of all of that.

Back to Jawhar - it's a shame he didn't get ahead of these issues sooner.
Still hopeful that he does what is necessary, and we can still see him make some Cuts On Dime wearing Orange.
Kid could be a difference maker for us. He's like Moe with all the cheat codes enabled.

I’m still all in with Jawhar. I’ve covered him on the board and been wowed by his athletic talent and speed since he committed to us. We need his speed and “cuts on a dime” moves.

Don’t know why he didn’t summer school to cover the classes he missed as a freshman. His reasons alone.

The fact that he’s in touch with Dave Boller every day who is offering help, guidance and encouragement, the fact that is mother is admitting who the suitors were who were trying to get him to flip, and that he is along with Boller trying first to get him eligible – “we are focusing on qualifying first, we will talk more about the NLI when I get there” shows me he is fully committed to SU.

He is not trying to pull anything shady which I understood from him from the beginning – he’s “110 per cent committed to us” going by his word which I take as the gold standard no matter what else goes on in CFB – you say this – I say that – bullshit! Be your word, qualify and get your butt here!

"I need to redeem myself in classes I took my freshman year," Jordan said. "I (had) just moved from New York so school was more different (than) where I transferred from.

"... I am working hard to resolve this right now and will qualify sooner than you think. It could even be a few days after Signing Day." How this works, I don’t know but he said it.

He's still hopeful to be enrolled at Syracuse for the summer.

His words – let’s see if he keeps them to SU. :mad:

Well, that article clears it up.

Too bad -- we need to add explosive home run threats like this kid to take the offense to the next level.

What? Earth Science was a piece of cake. I could have passed the final without even attending a class. Of course, in my day it was easier because the earth was flat.
And the test was "Is it raining?" And you were allowed to stick your hand out the window.

Now, if he was only 111% committed vs. the 110% he claims, I would feel 100% confident. ;)

Well, not entirely unexpected, but at least we now know what the story is.
Hopefully he completes whatever he has to do and comes on board. The attraction is definitely mutual- he wants us, as much as we want him!

This was me, except I did this at SU :(

has earth science gotten way harder since the 80s? seems like it was the course you took to keep the GPA up, it was pretty basic stuff, what do they teach in it now?

There was a kid in my son's HS class who found out that a college prep English course he took in 9th grade was not acceptable with the NCAA clearinghouse. Note here, this was a top, top NJ high school where probably 98% of the kids went to college. For most who took this course it was acceptable, but not to the clearinghouse. He ended up being pulled out of college and his football team the first week of his freshman year. Also in this case, the kid sued our school district and won since they did not do their job in making sure his courses were acceptable, and for such a high end school district to have such questionable course. He never had a football career, but he used the money from the suit to pay for college, and is successful in his career. It was a fair law suit in that the guidance counselor who was working with the NCAA did not do his job, and what he got in return was money to pay for college since he lost his chance at the football scholarship. Plus maybe a bit more money for no possible NFL career.

Maybe something like this has happened, where they thought a course was not good enough, and are changing it out?

Also with what was said above with not going to summer school, maybe a 12th grader is a little more mature than a 9th grader. Another thought is that raising the grade of a 9th grade course is an easier grade to raise.

If you all really want, I can drive over there and find out what is going on, lol. Although that may be a recruiting violation.

I attended a very well regarded CNY highschool and knew many kids who struggled in Earth Science. Many of these kids went on to graduate 4 year colleges and universities.

Theres too many things that can cause difficulty to say “wow I thought that was an easy course”.

The instructor could be below par or unenthusiastic. The kid may just have a loose grasp on science. Maybe something else was going on.

Many different potential circumstances other than maybe he didnt try etc.

For HS science classes, the teacher makes ALL the difference. You get a crappy teacher or one that just is a big shot, your grade can really suffer, ever for a ver good student.