Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

KDD was way bigger. This kids size screams slot. He is light. Can he add 20-30# and keep his burst? That will be the question. Love the offer list and the fact he was the #33 rb in the class. When you get top 40 skill guys, that's big! Man, is he fast, but the question is, does Dino see him between the tackles?
Thanks, Ish. Couldn't remember anything about KDD other than his speed when we pulled that k/o reverse on Florida. I was in the stands then. What a day!

Great pickup by the staff...there is no doubt the team is upgrading the speed on both sides of the ball. Wait until he gets a year or two in the S&C program...this young man will be lethal...we all will be like
giphy-downsized (1).gif

Just a question. I've read that Jawhar has NY roots, but I must've missed the specific info on that. Could someone make me less clueless than I already am?

BTW, love this commit.

Just a question. I've read that Jawhar has NY roots, but I must've missed the specific info on that. Could someone make me less clueless than I already am?

BTW, love this commit.
Long Island native who moved to Arizona. Might still have family there.

looks like rvls just posted combine video of him. his speed and quick burst jumps off the page. Cuts on a dime and changes direction. good size. exciting prospect.

https://syracuse.rvls/news/analysis-syracuse-reaches-west-for-jawhar-jordan

insert i and a .com

Yeah he's pretty much got the best skill position video I've seen on a SU recruit in a very long time. If he can maintain his speed and cut ability and put in some weight, he's going to be lethal. This is upper echelon ACC skill position talent.

Yeah, he is a slot guy.

Good golly miss Molly! This kid is the real deal. He's a bonafide ankle breaker. He reminds me of a poor mans Odell...what a serious pickup! I'm giddy

upload_2017-5-26_20-14-26.jpg For those who did not see or missed Phat Orange’s link and are also worried that Jawhar, whose is currently 5’11” – 168, needs to add weight and muscle - here is the most important information for you. It is from an April 8, 2017 article and interview from RNG recruiting written by Ryan Wright:

Your recruiting has taken off since you won the fastest man competition at the Los Angeles Nike Opening Regional.
upload_2017-5-26_20-14-26.jpg

What was the time you posted in that race at the Opening?

“4.37.”

Was that the fastest 40-yard dash you have ever ran?

“No, I ran that at school too.”

Are you running track this season?

“No. I’m not competing in track. I’m focused on getting bigger this off-season.”

What are you working on this off-season?

“Building my strength, getting my weight up, and building chemistry with team for a great season.”

What is amazing to me is that he is only a junior at Hamilton H.S. and has already run a 4.37! Amba ran a 4.35 at our Pro Day and he is physically much more mature. Jawhar truly is, at the moment, THE NEW FAST at SU beating the 4.43 time of new DB recruit and commit Trill Williams. Like what has been said we are the recipients of better and more talented recruits due to the mind of Dino Babers and his staff especially Dave Boller in Jawhars case.This program is IMO well on its way to becoming a very special one and since HC Babers has arrived the development of it has and is very exciting to watch.
upload_2017-5-26_20-14-26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember watching Tony D as a kid. We had kept him bottled up until he broke what about a 90 yard run. The film of this kid looks so much like a young TD. Great get by the staff!

Jawhar brings so much to the table; a well conditioned athlete with blazing speed combined with precise route-runnng and decent hands. Once he has the ball that combination of running back skills and his speed makes for game-changing plays.
Can't wait to see him in orange!

KDD was way bigger. This kids size screams slot. He is light. Can he add 20-30# and keep his burst? That will be the question. Love the offer list and the fact he was the #33 rb in the class. When you get top 40 skill guys, that's big! Man, is he fast, but the question is, does Dino see him between the tackles?
He was a little bigger but not much. Pro football reference had him at 5'9" 185 as a pro. This kid could be close to that by the time he gets to campus just through the maturation teenage kids go through and will probably surpass it before he leaves.

Is Warrick Dunn a fair comparison?

Seeing that Warrick Dunn is a top-25 to top-50 college and NFL running back ever, I'd initially guess no... comparing this kid to Warrick Dunn is not a fair comparison...

Seeing that Warrick Dunn is a top-25 to top-50 college and NFL running back ever, I'd initially guess no... comparing this kid to Warrick Dunn is not a fair comparison...
I think he was referring to Warrick Dunn's size and speed, not his ability to end up being one of the top 50 running backs of all time.