Class of 2018 - JUCO RB Jo-El Shaw (Lackawanna CC) Verbal to Kent St | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO RB Jo-El Shaw (Lackawanna CC) Verbal to Kent St

lol - even the second time around it's still the university of Syracuse :rolling:

maybe by the time he graduates? Popcorn and soda

Maybe there's a reason he had to go JUCO? ;)

Or maybe he just likes messing w/ us. Or U of S, whatever. :p

I'm wondering if this means the coaching staff may see Jordan as a slot receiver instead of a RB. In any case, this is very interesting. Wonder if Shaw is still interested.

84 carries for 601 yards last year. 7.2 average ain't too shabby.

Would we he join in the fall or be part of the 2018 class? Would be great to have him this year.

Loved this kid 2 years ago. Think he will be PERFECT in Dino's O! So excited to see his thread come to the forefront. So, we assume this staff concurs with the Shafer staff 2 years later? Hopefully, JES has his academics in order and ends up here. Would be a rare situation. When kids don't qualify, they rarely end up where they originally committed 2 yrs later. :)

Loved this kid 2 years ago. Think he will be PERFECT in Dino's O! So excited to see his thread come to the forefront. So, we assume this staff concurs with the Shafer staff 2 years later? Hopefully, JES has his academics in order and ends up here. Would be a rare situation. When kids don't qualify, they rarely end up where they originally committed 2 yrs later. :)

What does Shafer's staff have to do with anything?

What does Shafer's staff have to do with anything?

What? Nothing, just saying its cool that Dino's staff likes this kid as Shafers staff did 2 years ago. All staff's have different talent assessments and loom for different things in a player. The fact both staff's want this kid, tells ya he is legit.

What? Nothing, just saying its cool that Dino's staff likes this kid as Shafers staff did 2 years ago. All staff's have different talent assessments and loom for different things in a player. The fact both staff's want this kid, tells ya he is legit.

Shafers staff after all did find him and land him, so, yes, guess thats why i mentioned it.

You are correct, my bad;)

No worries.. He already had a relationship with Mike Hart from Western Michigan.

I only wonder if Indiana gets involved since Hart is there now. They have a relationship, but this kid was all Cuse when he originally committed. Hope we can bring him back into the fold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see a need for him now, honestly. If we're looking to bring in 3 guys fine, but I think Dixon and Pierre make him a bit redundant.
Do you know how many RB's DB usually keeps on the roster?

Don't see a need for him now, honestly. If we're looking to bring in 3 guys fine, but I think Dixon and Pierre make him a bit redundant.
Doesn't hurt to have a few horses in the stable. It doesn't take much for a running back to tweak an ankle or pull a hammy. You can alway work them in on Special Teams. Not to mention Jo-el Shaw will have like 2 years more experience.

Maybe Dino thinks they need sometime to develop and Shaw allows him to redshirt them?
As I said the first time he committed, watching his tape, he reminds me of Jimmy Brown, even the way he walks back to the huddle. I think he is the best big back of those mentioned, but more importantly, he is a big, athletic, football player that can play on either side of the ball. When you have a football player like this that wants to sign, you don't say no!

As I said the first time he committed, watching his tape, he reminds me of Jimmy Brown, even the way he walks back to the huddle. I think he is the best big back of those mentioned, but more importantly, he is a big, athletic, football player that can play on either side of the ball. When you have a football player like this that wants to sign, you don't say no!

Truth. A guy like this, if he still wants Orange... you don't tell him the stable is full. You find room and make it work.

Anyway we can get rid of the "SIGNED LOI" in the thread title? I know this is technically true, but it makes the status of his recruitment more confusing. It appears he is being re-recruited all over again.

Dino has made it clear he will take Juco players who can contribute now. If he comes Strickland , Perkins will be seniors, Neal will be in the slot as a junior, Shaw will be a junior, Pierre will be a sophmore, and you have 2 freshmen.

Anyway we can get rid of the "SIGNED LOI" in the thread title? I know this is technically true, but it makes the status of his recruitment more confusing. It appears he is being re-recruited all over again.
giphy.gif

I would like to see us carry 5 backs. I think that the kid from Ohio gets moved to the slot or DB

I would like to see us carry 5 backs. I think that the kid from Ohio gets moved to the slot or DB
Not sure if Stritzinger is who you mean (from Michigan) but I can see him moving to corner or safety

Not sure if Stritzinger is who you mean (from Michigan) but I can see him moving to corner or safety

I've been saying he'll move to CB eventually since he committed. Obviously I would love to eat crow because it would mean he's a playmaker - but I think his hips and read/reaction skills are too good to not be a corner.