Class of 2018 - JUCO RB Jo-El Shaw (Lackawanna CC) Verbal to Kent St | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO RB Jo-El Shaw (Lackawanna CC) Verbal to Kent St

Does this imply he didn't make the necessary grades for admission to SU?

Regardless - that's a bummer.
Could be similar to the Blair situation- didn't have his credits in order by the start of his senior year.

Wait, I thought this was only supposed to happen to recruits from the previous regime? :confused:

Juco means he wasnt really close enough to prep. Hope he does well. This makes TFD very important to land. Also, I wonder if the staff might bring in a Grad transfer or Juco at a position of need for this upcoming season?

Yes. It means that he did not make the grade for admission.

Likely means he did not meet NCAA minimum eligibility requirements. Otherwise I would have expected him to sign with another D1 school.

Could be similar to the Blair situation- didn't have his credits in order by the start of his senior year.
And you are right with the changes to what/how many courses they must have completed by their senior year in HS this could have been his issue.

Students will need to meet the following requirements to receive athletics aid, practice and compete their first year:  16 core courses in the following areas:  4 years English;  3 years math at Algebra I level or higher;  2 years natural or physical science (one lab if offered at any high school attended);  1 year additional English, math or natural/physical science;  2 years social science; and  4 years additional from areas above or foreign language, philosophy or comparative religion.  Minimum required GPA:  Minimum GPA of 2.300 required for competition in those 16 core courses.  Graduate from high schoo

What a shame. Probably will never see him suit up in Orange.

If he was coming here to play LB it'd be a bummer. As a FB meh, though I think he'd would've been moved to lb

They have a very good athletic program down there.

Lackawanna Falcons

Yep, and a schedule that lends itself for SU coaches to still be able to recruit him and scout others from his team or others. Games against ASA out of Brooklyn and Nassau Community College for example. Plus, Lackawanna is in the Scranton area - which if memory serves is only 2.5 hours south of SU.

Yep, and a schedule that lends itself for SU coaches to still be able to recruit him and scout others from his team or others. Games against ASA out of Brooklyn and Nassau Community College for example. Plus, Lackawanna is in the Scranton area - which if memory serves is only 2.5 hours south of SU.
Actually about 7 hours with the perpetual 81 construction around Scranton. :bang:

Actually about 7 hours with the perpetual 81 construction around Scranton. :bang:

Ha, nice. I grew up walking distance from Nassau Community College and now live downstate so whenever I go up to Syracuse its always 80West-380-81. Quickest trip I've made was back in '98 racing up to watch the Jets-Broncos AFC Championship game before the semester started. Made it from mid-Nassau county in 3:54 along with 1 other friend in his car. Crazy and never again.

Used to take the bus from 'Cuse to Philly for holidays. Always liked Scranton. Why? Pinball machines in the depot.

Used to take the bus from 'Cuse to Philly for holidays. Always liked Scranton. Why? Pinball machines in the depot.
LOL. One of the things I remember about the drive from Pa to CNY was that massive junkyard in Scranton.