Class of 2021 - RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Why was he only a 2 star/3 star? Based on his film, stats, and good competition in the WPIL, it seems he should be a solid 3.
Anyone have any insight?
His lacrosse game is weak, so they weren't buying the Jim Brown comparisons.

We "promised" Stritz a shot at RB. Which we gave him.
Everybody else wanted him as a DB/S.

And... he's in the defensive backfield for us now, because it's his best position.
Yes, but I think promising a recruit a shot at a position and guaranteeing a recruit they will stay at a position his entire college career are different things. One is common. One, not so much.

We "promised" Stritz a shot at RB. Which we gave him.
Everybody else wanted him as a DB/S.

And... he's in the defensive backfield for us now, because it's his best position.
He did play RB his Freshman year, so they did give him a chance.

This dude is a MF Tank! Him and Jarveon together. Everybody run for cover

I mean, are we seriously talking about 44? This kid wasn't alive the last time it was worn. Our former 44s didn't love when people talked about it for Robert Washington (Lo-f 'in-l). Oh yeah, and IT'S A RETIRED NUMBER.

I love the kid's tape and I think he'll be very good but holy cow, slow your roll.

I mean, are we seriously talking about 44? This kid wasn't alive the last time it was worn. Our former 44s didn't love when people talked about it for Robert Washington (Lo-f 'in-l). Oh yeah, and IT'S A RETIRED NUMBER.

I love the kid's tape and I think he'll be very good but holy cow, slow your roll.
Here we go. Bnoro already trying to run the kid off...does it ever end?

Our roll is unslowable!! Roll damn Otto!
We’re gonna roll like a snowball about to catch fire! :p
This kid is gonna be Jim Brown, Carmelo, and Gary Gait all rolled into one!! ;)

Our roll is unslowable!! Roll damn Otto!
We’re gonna roll like a snowball about to catch fire! :p
This kid is gonna be Jim Brown, Carmelo, and Gary Gait all rolled into one!! ;)
You always aim too low.

Sounds like a great kid. I thought his film was as impressive as I have ever seen from a RB committed to Syracuse. I think he has a chance to be special.

Don't remember Dino promising a player he would stay at his preferred position. At most, it is rare. That tells me he is really well regarded by the staff as well.

Interesting that you say that, Tom- I had the same feeling watching that first breakaway run on his tape. Huge kid, but that breakaway speed he displays is breathtaking.

Hey guys let’s slow down on Jim brown and Ernie Davis comparisons! Those are legends ! Josh must earn his stripes and prove he deserves to be on that field. But I will say this I have trained josh for this time in his life since he was 5 yrs old he will give Cuse nation his everything and he will not be outwork by no one it’s in his dna ! Btw josh is a 3 star ;) not mthat matters now ! god bless and juiced up

Hey guys let’s slow down on Jim brown and Ernie Davis comparisons! Those are legends ! Josh must earn his stripes and prove he deserves to be on that field. But I will say this I have trained josh for this time in his life since he was 5 yrs old he will give Cuse nation his everything and he will not be outwork by no one it’s in his dna ! Btw josh is a 3 star ;) not mthat matters now ! god bless and juiced up
Is matching the #1 All Time Football player ever too much to ask for? Aim high :)
In all seriousness, all any fan can ask for is effort.

I think a better, more appropriate comparison right now is high character oriented like Shyheim Cullen coming out of HS. Josh stays at RB, or gets an opportunity too, and has more offers. But they’re each physical, gym beasts that save the talk for on the field it seems.

You're new here.

Astronomically over- and under-rating recruits most posters have never seen play is what we do. ;) :rolleyes:

You're new here.

Astronomically over- and under-rating recruits most posters have never seen play is what we do. ;) :rolleyes:
As we are on the topic of acquainting our new orange nation member.

You will see many highs and lows on this board - both bringing out questionable burning H0T Takes. Be prepared! Lol

I kid(kinda) this is a great community, and we look forward to all the new faces of the ‘21 class to become great student athletes.

A voice of reason. Let's let this young man make his own name here at Syracuse. Congrats to you and the missus. You have your son on the road to getting a very good education and playing football for a really good guy in the ACC going into a refurbed stadium that gets loud as hell when the fans load in. Good times ahead.