Class of 2021 - RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

im sure that argument was brought/used and dismissed for some reason, whether it be that they actually can test, or for a different reason. That will be dependent on each school/district and their specific situation.

I am very glad sports are returning at the professional and college level because I love my teams and my entertainment. That said I think it’s pretty clear the majority of the decisions being made regarding sports are monetarily driven and not because the “powers that be” feel that they can keep everyone safe beyond a shadow of a doubt.

i hope everyone is fine and nothing goes wrong. I’m just very concerned about what the reaction will be if a kid catches this thing and dies as a result of it. But fingers crossed that it doesn’t happen and we never have to find out
No one can keep everyone safe. People die. Horrible to say. But it’s a fact. Kids die of heat stroke during practices. Kids get in car accidents. Kids do stupid things with unforgiving results.

I agree that safety of all the students and athletes should be the top priority. But it’s foolish to think that 100% safety in any venture is the expectation.

I’ve been saying from the beginning that I do not expect there to be a season. I’m still holding to that. I think everyone will get too concerned. Players won’t want to play. Testing will expose cases - even if those cases are without symptoms. But I may be wrong.

I agree with you that money is a driving force here. Maybe THE driving force. But I think many kids want to play too. (And fans want to watch.) That would allow people to feel “normal” inasmuch as normal is possible.

No one can keep everyone safe. People die. Horrible to say. But it’s a fact. Kids die of heat stroke during practices. Kids get in car accidents. Kids do stupid things with unforgiving results.

I agree that safety of all the students and athletes should be the top priority. But it’s foolish to think that 100% safety in any venture is the expectation.

I’ve been saying from the beginning that I do not expect there to be a season. I’m still holding to that. I think everyone will get too concerned. Players won’t want to play. Testing will expose cases - even if those cases are without symptoms. But I may be wrong.

I agree with you that money is a driving force here. Maybe THE driving force. But I think many kids want to play too. (And fans want to watch.) That would allow people to feel “normal” inasmuch as normal is possible.

Kids want to play, coaches want to coach and fans want to watch, that is absolutely true. As a coach (non football) myself at the high school level, I can say everyone wants to play.

To your point, 100% safety is certainly impossible, and it shouldn't be the expectation. But this virus has killed thousands of people in this country and infected so many more. There is a reason many people including yourself don't expect a season to actually happen, this thing is dangerous, and if it wasn't people wouldn't be stuck in doors or wearing masks everytime they step outside.

We all want sports back and we all want to stay safe. Hopefully these vaccines are developed quickly and everyone is good to go soon.

im sure that argument was brought/used and dismissed for some reason, whether it be that they actually can test, or for a different reason. That will be dependent on each school/district and their specific situation.

I am very glad sports are returning at the professional and college level because I love my teams and my entertainment. That said I think it’s pretty clear the majority of the decisions being made regarding sports are monetarily driven and not because the “powers that be” feel that they can keep everyone safe beyond a shadow of a doubt.

i hope everyone is fine and nothing goes wrong. I’m just very concerned about what the reaction will be if a kid catches this thing and dies as a result of it. But fingers crossed that it doesn’t happen and we never have to find out
I'm with you. My post was just responding to someone else with what I thought the powers that be are thinking.

That sounds like an argument against them playing.
It would also be an argument against doing just about everything in everyday life too.

Including going back to school where they will be in closer proximity to dozens if not hundreds more students than when they are practicing or.on the football field.

CE1C2979-DD39-4DAB-8D2F-5375C259C5F4.jpeg

Yikes. Some of these high schoolers playing 16 games. Who do they think they are? The NFL.
Talk about doing it for the love of the game.

I have been told game will be streaming on a Facebook page
Quick question on his coaching at his h.s. Are they teaching him to pick a shoulder to attack or half a man or do they kinda say do your thing.