Class of 2021 - RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

With Howard and Adams back we’re not going to see Elmore get the ball in short yardage.

Not worth burning a redshirt for unless he can truly move a pile as a true freshman. All the RB’s can be effective at short yardage if the OL is healthier and more physical. Having Elmore back at FB helps as well. And if GS is the dude at QB, it even helps more in short yardage situations.

Hough will have great moments at SU, but I’d rather we didn’t rush him.
Wait. I was with you until you said you don't want to rush him. What do you want them to do with him, split him out wide? ;-)

1. Hough has 25-30 lbs on any other back on our roster

2. Elmore is a detriment on short yardage situations, most of the time. He has size and he can churn his legs, but if there isn't already a hole, he's not going to make one. Elmore lacks the explosiveness I'm speaking of. When he hits the line, he should be a bowling bowl at his size and send guys flying. He doesn't come close to doing that, though.
I don't think he meant Elmore was getting the ball. With a healthy functional oline, he makes a great lead blocker.

I just want to see the kid get a legitimate shot. Our short-yardage package has sucked for years.
It's worth a try.
Gotta fix the front before anything else. I have evidence that won’t happen. Hope to be proven wrong.

Gotta fix the front before anything else. I have evidence that won’t happen. Hope to be proven wrong.
What is the evidence? And I’m being sincere here, what do you know that indicates the the online will be awful again? Other than the fact we have been less than stellar for a number of years now

Last edited:
1. Hough has 25-30 lbs on any other back on our roster

2. Elmore is a detriment on short yardage situations, most of the time. He has size and he can churn his legs, but if there isn't already a hole, he's not going to make one. Elmore lacks the explosiveness I'm speaking of. When he hits the line, he should be a bowling bowl at his size and send guys flying. He doesn't come close to doing that, though.

I meant Elmore as the lead blocker.

What is the evidence? And I’m being sincere here, what do you know that indicates the the online will be awful again? Other than the fact we have been less than stellar for a number of years now
It has been awful, for years. Why expect anything else, based upon what has come before. Our QB has had his confidence (and body) wrecked due to the o-line. You why we all loved Dungy- it was those great plays he made escaping poor blocking. When is the last time we ran for 300 yards, that didn’t included some big QB scrambles? New coach, new guys, older guys, healthy guys: yeah, yeah, yeah. No one has said we have 3 all ACC linemen coming back from injury.
I am living in Missouri for now.

One of my favorite plays that I’ve ever watched live… we go on to lose, but one of the best hits/scoop & scores I’ve ever seen.
I was there too

One of the most defeated feelings I had when we couldn't put it away and if I remember right, lost in OT

I think Hough will play in the four games allowed this year and than RS. I expect Howard to shine this year.
Makes sense, given the numbers and experience we have in the RB room.

I was there too

One of the most defeated feelings I had when we couldn't put it away and if I remember right, lost in OT
We did, I think we missed a fg and they hit a short one to win… can’t remember for sure.

I just want to see the kid get a legitimate shot. Our short-yardage package has sucked for years.
It's worth a try.

short yardage has sucked because the OL can't get any push. Howard and Tucker can run the ball.

If Hough gets snaps in front of the 4 current RBs then he's an NFL talent. We would all welcome that. If not, then he'll get his 4 games, learn the system and be ready to rock and roll next year.

I’m pretty sure that’s also the game where one of our DB’s dropped a gimme pick-6 that hit him in the gut.
And we finished like 5-7. Win that and we bowled

Was the start of a tough finish due to lack of depth

Folks, just remember we don't have to raise expectations to an unreasonable level because his dad is on the board.

I'm excited to see Josh play but if he doesn't get a ton of minutes as a true freshman, it's because he's at a position stocked with upperclassmen. Kids need time to adjust to ACC football.

Calm down with your common sense nonsense. Will be great to have another Heisman trophy on campus.

Gentlemen, this is the recruiting forum, Josh Hough is now enrolled and on campus. Please take any further discussion of Josh to the football forum.