Class of 2022 - RB LeQuint Allen (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 RB LeQuint Allen (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention as far as I can see the #2 kid in Jersey’s heading to Michigan
Greg is gonna get a few top 15 Jersey kids to stay home. Some of them want to play in front of family. He is not getting the best private parochial kids. Fran Brown is just a good enough recruiter to get the South Jersey and Philly kids. His name is like gold in those areas.

Last edited:
Like basketball I will GLADLY take the kids from Philly, Camden and Baltimore. These are the kids that don’t consider losing as an option
Millville is NOT Camden. It’s very rural down there. I was born in the town next door (Vineland)and my grandma lived there until she passed 7 yrs ago so I’ve been there a million times. Very sleepy towns.

That said, this kid looks like a great pickup and a nice win over rutgirls and other good offers

2B1EE6C5-0027-4808-BBFB-5C0D5C6DEEB4.jpeg

Love this kid. Pure RB. Complete back. Jersey recruit. Checks all the boxes.
Does he check the speed box? Not trying to disparage Allen. If the staff accepted his verbal this early, I am sure they see him as a high quality get.

From the very few tapes I've seen (so take this with a grain of salt), speed seems to be a potential concern. Maybe the staff sees him as more of a power back?

Interesting factoid: Millville has the longest running football rivalry in the state with neighboring Vineland dating back to 1893!

Does he check the speed box? Not trying to disparage Allen. If the staff accepted his verbal this early, I am sure they see him as a high quality get.

From the very few tapes I've seen (so take this with a grain of salt), speed seems to be a potential concern. Maybe the staff sees him as more of a power back?
hes fast enough. between the tackles takes vision and quicks. He has both as he is a one cut back.

I know he is not built like Howard but it feels like similar stregths in terms of vision, decisivness, change of direction and balance. Those are more important attributes than top end speed though speed is an awful nice cherry on top (see Tucker, Sean)

I know he is not built like Howard but it feels like similar stregths in terms of vision, decisivness, change of direction and balance. Those are more important attributes than top end speed though speed is an awful nice cherry on top (see Tucker, Sean)
I think he is a lot like Tucker, but without that breakaway acceleration. Seems to be moving forward with force, so he would rarely lose yards, and might get 1-2 more with each carry, even if hit at the LOS. I'll take it!

The Sports Illustrated evaluation says he lacks top end speed, but his other strengths make up for it

I have been wracking my memory trying to remember the name of a tailback that played for SU when Frank was the coach.
I think his names was Kinsley. I believe he was a local syracuse hs player. Anyway he was a heck of a back. Had great vision. Didnt have homerun speed but was quick.
This kid reminds me of him.

I have been wracking my memory trying to remember the name of a tailback that played for SU when Frank was the coach.
I think his names was Kinsley. I believe he was a local syracuse hs player. Anyway he was a heck of a back. Had great vision. Didnt have homerun speed but was quick.
This kid reminds me of him.
Found him. Ken Kinsey out of Central. 1974 RB stud for SU.

1974. I’m 13. First game I ever saw in person. SU beat OSU (Oregon State) 23-15. Kinsey 38 for 169. Jim Donoghue QB. First year of Season tkts on 47 yd. line 6 games $42.
I know. LeQuint Allen.
Well LeQuint Allen is going to be the equivalent of my Ken Kinsey to some 13 yr old.

Last edited:
1974. I’m 13. First game I ever saw n person. SU. beat OSU (Oregon State) 23-15. Kinsey 38 for 169. Jim Donoghue QB. First year of Season tkts on 47 yd. line 6 games $42.
I know. LeQuint Allen.
Well LeQuint Allen is going to be the equivalent of my Ken Kinsey to some 13 yr old.
I was a soph in HS. Was at the game as well. This recruit reminds me of Kinsey

I'm a bit younger than some posting here, and was hesitant to compare him to one of my all time favorites, but he runs like DC3. I miss having backs that punish tacklers and, while his top gear is lacking, it's that 1-3 gear torque drive that gets me excited here given the offense we run. We talk system guys pretty consistently and this gentleman is a perfect example. Can he turn 2 yards into 80? Not currently. Can he turn 2 yards into 8 with me hearing the pads crack in the stands? I'm firmly thinking yes.

There are certain ACC teams we will never simply outrun but with players like this and the road graders we've just added we can look forward to more Dino locker room speeches.

I'm a bit younger than some posting here, and was hesitant to compare him to one of my all time favorites, but he runs like DC3. I miss having backs that punish tacklers and, while his top gear is lacking, it's that 1-3 gear torque drive that gets me excited here given the offense we run. We talk system guys pretty consistently and this gentleman is a perfect example. Can he turn 2 yards into 80? Not currently. Can he turn 2 yards into 8 with me hearing the pads crack in the stands? I'm firmly thinking yes.

There are certain ACC teams we will never simply outrun but with players like this and the road graders we've just added we can look forward to more Dino locker room speeches.
Just because you are younger you shouldn't hesitate to post. With age doesn't always come wisdom with posters. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom