Class of 2017 - RB Markenzy Pierre (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Markenzy Pierre (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

No P5 offers until us, but he sure as hell looks like a P5 player to me. Penn offered him so his academics are obviously fine.

5-11 220 and hardly any offers? top 20 player in central florid super 60. dont know about elite speed but he sticks the leg in the ground and comes out of the breaks really well.

Yes Please!

Looks like a great find to me.

Pierre said he was informed that SU players currently listed at running back could be moved after this season, making a path to early playing time more plausible. Sophomore Dontae Strickland has handled the bulk of the snaps this year while freshman Moe Neal (who has experience in the slot) is second on the team in carries.

Pierre said he was informed that SU players currently listed at running back could be moved after this season, making a path to early playing time more plausible. Sophomore Dontae Strickland has handled the bulk of the snaps this year while freshman Moe Neal (who has experience in the slot) is second on the team in carries.

Wonder if it's Moe to the slot, Strickland to S.

Its moe to slot

This seems pretty logical. The staff clearly likes to run north/south and have a guy that can push the pile far more than running east/west, since they use a lot of the screen passes effectively as east/west running. Strickland is the only one of the backs that has had any success this season doing it and it's been limited success. Granted the OLine has some culpability in that as well.

Skill set wise, I think Moe fits the slot roll better than the rb role in this offense anyway. He's square peg, round hole right now due to lack of options.

I bet we take 2 high school backs, looks like Daniels and Pierre at this point and I wouldn't be surprised to see a grad transfer at RB either if there is one available that fits.

Have to think this is a pretty strong message to the other RB's on the roster outside Strickland and Neal. Doesn't sound like there's going to be much playing time available to them in the future.

This seems pretty logical. The staff clearly likes to run north/south and have a guy that can push the pile far more than running east/west, since they use a lot of the screen passes effectively as east/west running. Strickland is the only one of the backs that has had any success this season doing it and it's been limited success. Granted the OLine has some culpability in that as well.

Skill set wise, I think Moe fits the slot roll better than the rb role in this offense anyway. He's square peg, round hole right now due to lack of options.

I bet we take 2 high school backs, looks like Daniels and Pierre at this point and I wouldn't be surprised to see a grad transfer at RB either if there is one available that fits.

Have to think this is a pretty strong message to the other RB's on the roster outside Strickland and Neal. Doesn't sound like there's going to be much playing time available to them in the future.

We've got offers out to other running backs like Isaiah Miller. These are just the latest 2.

For those who know, Pierre plays in Florida's 7A division, where does that rank in school size for fla and what level is that in competition?

For those who know, Pierre plays in Florida's 7A division, where does that rank in school size for fla and what level is that in competition?

Based on Fall 2014 student population reports:

Class 8A - 2,332-4,492 - Class 7A - 1,939-2,331 - Class 6A - 1,593-1,938 - Class 5A - 1,115-1,592
Class 4A - 681-1,114 - Class 3A - 291-680 - Class 2A - 1-290 - Class 1A - 1-600

FHSAA.org | Football State Series Assignments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom