Class of 2020 - RB Marlowe Wax Jr (MD) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (4/14/19) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Marlowe Wax Jr (MD) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (4/14/19)

What? Dino Babers recruited a 3* player that turned out to be an All American his freshman year. This kid has an offer from Pitt; I’d say you’re likely wrong.
Pretty sure he was referring to my most excellent pun that he quoted (jealousy isn't a pretty trait), not the fact that Wax is a stretch by any means.

Dear Marlowe,

1555288448847.jpeg

1555288610872.gif

Welcome to Syracuse University Football young Mr. Wax. Have a great senior season and then come December 2019, sign your Syracuse NLI and then show up here and be a part of the Syracuse Football Family and help propel this program to the top of the ACC and way beyond. Go Orange!!!!!

Oh. This kid is good. Look at that soph highlight again. He's a running back. No doubt

The best thing about this is that makes 2 commits in 2 days, and neither one include 2 recruits (Van Dyke and Barron) that have already been crystal balled to Cuse. Beautiful

CuseLegacy might want to check out @jalondaniels06 on Twitter... Looks like he got some type of interest form or an offer from Syracuse. He has a cannon saw a video of him throwing it 80 yards and 40 yards on a line. Won state championship this yr @lawndale in Cali

Thanks but Jalon Daniels has no offer and was previously posted about in a thread as receiving recruiting material. But I'll post the current tweet there also.

Class of 2020 - #juicedup

He was offered at RB.
Bummer. I think we have alot better RB out there that we're in good standing with.
Wonder why they didn't wait on this one a little longer.

Bummer. I think we have alot better RB out there that we're in good standing with.
I understand that thinking, but if the coaches are willing to take these guys this early, they must think very highly of them. And, that’s good enough for me.

I gotta disagree here. I think his running back tape is more than excellent.

I gotta disagree here. I think his running back tape is more than excellent.
I would much rather have Israel A. and E. Dennis and a few others. To each his own.

Who says we're out?

Who says we're out?
My perspective is that if he and Tucker are hard RB commits that we can't really take 3 more...If they are more LB or CB or Athlete commits we can. We only have so many slots per position. It may also tell us we're not in as good a position with those other top RBs as I think we are.

I understand that thinking, but if the coaches are willing to take these guys this early, they must think very highly of them. And, that’s good enough for me.
I'm just alittle different type of fan. I look at everyone's tape and offers and balance needs and put a preference on an ideal class. There's some I like better than others.
Just like the coaches do. Just because they accept a commit doesn't mean there weren't other players they thought were more talented and wanted more. They just can't say it publicly. They have all their recruits ranked as to who they want more. They then balance the talent/needs vs the ability to get others to commit for a number of reasons. They balance the talent vs the ability to get that talent.

RBs do not always remain RBs, but it all shakes out when they get into the grinder. Best fit and program needs. Think Tebucky.

RBs do not always remain RBs, but it all shakes out when they get into the grinder. Best fit and program needs. Think Tebucky.

Was thinking Doug Hogue and Derrell Smith with Wax but likely because im on the Tucker bandwagon similar to Jahwar Jordans prior.

I'm sure the coaches will fully give him a shot at RB as advertised but if 2 years in and it doesn't pan out there is precedent albeit under former regime. Sudano gets a lot of stick on here but doesn't mean he's off base with his assessment here.

I know I've been away much of the past 2 years but also "with 2 years in weight room he could add 70 pounds of muscle and move to D Tackle". Did I do that correctly?

Was thinking Doug Hogue and Derrell Smith with Wax but likely because im on the Tucker bandwagon similar to Jahwar Jordans prior.

I'm sure the coaches will fully give him a shot at RB as advertised but if 2 years in and it doesn't pan out there is precedent albeit under former regime. Sudano gets a lot of stick on here but doesn't mean he's off base with his assessment here.

I know I've been away much of the past 2 years but also "with 2 years in weight room he could add 70 pounds of muscle and move to D Tackle". Did I do that correctly?
I'll be everyone's punching bag. We need more types of opinions on this board. Not less. While its fine to be the type of fan to 'trust the coaches', everything is fine, every player is great. We shouldn't rebuke and persecute those who use critical thought on how we can get better and how to do that. Having single minded thought police benefits no one. No one's a better fan than the next guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom