Class of 2019 - RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF

How many guys from SC are you guys going to try and steal? This has to stop.
Need to keep all the good players in ACC orange so we win all the National Championships, and replace the SEC as the best conference.

I think Babers is going to keep looking until he gets his Lache Seastrunk & Shock Linwood running back. Dukes looks like he might have the moves for this system, and definitely has a good RB name to match up, which is important =D. I could imagine yelling DUUUUUKES after several a long TD run.

Agreed explosive is right. You are right on the money with your thought on his open field ability. I think we give him a very good opportunity to maximize that at RB from the backfield and a system that will split him out wide occasionally.

With how we run the ball and high plays per game when this style offense is clicking, players can stack up yards. DBs have to play back to protect against the pass creating open space for RBs like Dukes (DeVito threw some good looking long passes this year, expect more opening up the run further). Quick decisive open field elusiveness and flexibility with minimal slowdown, like Dukes shows in his highlights, can multiply the impact because of defensive spacing required against our offense. If the D is in tighter against other offensive systems it reduces his advantage because the help defender is more likely to be waiting in that cut lane.

Dukes actually looks like he often uses his pivot step to accelerate as he changes direction to his full straight line speed, not many can do this well. Most players of juke back and forth all day while a spread out defense recovers to the ball. When a player accelerates out of his break the yardage upside is phenomenal in a balanced run/pass spread system like ours. He's has shown ability to catch passes this year which is definitely great for our system as you noted.

Great fit for us, probably a really great fit for him to capitalize on his talent.
Oh my god, if Dino ever gets us an RB as physically gifted as Lache Seastrunk I will be over the moon. What a freak that guy was.

We are just borrowing them...for 4 or 5 years. We will take good care of them and you can see them every year. To be fair, we can alternate whether you come here to see them or they come home to visit. How does that sound?:p;)

cmon gbo, sharing is caring! You can’t hog allllll the good players

Reactions: gbo

what do you think of these players. Clemson had an offer out to Dawson before the knee and seems to be in touch with him still along with Dukes. Your BListers but what are the thoughts.

what do you think of these players. Clemson had an offer out to Dawson before the knee and seems to be in touch with him still along with Dukes. Your BListers but what are the thoughts.
From what I know about Dawson, we are on the wait and see approach. They like his long-term future but want someone that can play within the first year or so. Also, they are recruiting him at OT not DE so is another reason why they are slow-playing him.

Mike Dukes on the other hand I'm not sure about. I know the only RB that has a committable offer from Clemson is Jerrion Ealy, who is currently committed to Ole Miss, but is about to reopen. Dukes in my opinion would be the guy they target if Ealy decides on another school or skipping all together for baseball.

I do not know anything about the OT from SC but I love his size. Clemson has been flat out terrible at OL recruiting so I don't understand why the kid doesn't at least have a greyshirt offer or something. Truly head scratching.

From what I know about Dawson, we are on the wait and see approach. They like his long-term future but want someone that can play within the first year or so. Also, they are recruiting him at OT not DE so is another reason why they are slow-playing him.

Mike Dukes on the other hand I'm not sure about. I know the only RB that has a committable offer from Clemson is Jerrion Ealy, who is currently committed to Ole Miss, but is about to reopen. Dukes in my opinion would be the guy they target if Ealy decides on another school or skipping all together for baseball.

I do not know anything about the OT from SC but I love his size. Clemson has been flat out terrible at OL recruiting so I don't understand why the kid doesn't at least have a greyshirt offer or something. Truly head scratching.
Doesn’t he kinda remind u of ur guy now in build and cuts. First thing I thought of.

Doesn’t he kinda remind u of ur guy now in build and cuts. First thing I thought of.
A little. I haven't seen him play though.

gif_temp.gif

If you guys from Clemson are not showing them the luv, well they may want a shot at revenge every year. We can offer them that, among other things.

Reactions: gbo
Really hope we get this kid. I saw him play a couple weeks ago in the state semi final. I was really impressed by how fast he was. I think he ended up with almost 350 yards rushing including a huge ~80 yard TD. Clemson makes me a little nervous here if he really is there #2 option right now because there #1 Ealy is projected as a mid 1st round pick this year in the MLB draft

I see him as a big get if we can. He has great feet and naturally throws that shoulder fake all while staying square. He reminds me of the Clemson back they have now.

Do it Dukes! Join a team on the rise that's making you a priority! Make YOUR Name for flipping the script, not just another number for the other guys.

Gooooo Orrrrrrrange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom