Class of 2019 - RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF

Yanno even if we don’t get this kid isn’t it kinda cool we are legit recruiting against Clemson, Penn State, Miami, FSU, etc...and beating them out for some kids. In just 3 years things have changed for the better quite dramatically in recruiting and it’s showing on the field

#STRecruiting Weekend Notebook... - SportsTalk

"Among prospects who confirmed unofficial visits to Clemson on Twitter Saturday were 2019 RB Danrell Albright of McDonough, GA, 2020 PK Cali Canaval of Ft. Lauderdale, 2020 DL Dezmond Tell (6-1 265) of Hampton, GA, 2020 DL Jarrell Culbreth (6-0 250) of Atlanta, 2021 OL Quinton Bradford of Norcross, GA and 2022 LB Jeremy West-Pirtle of Palm Coast, FL."

So there were two 2019 RB recruits visiting Clemson Dukes and Albright...and they offered Dukes.

I blame gbo for this :p
Some Clemson fans think this was a conditional offer and can only be cashed in if one of their preferred RVB options goes elsewhere.

I tend to think this is right. If the offer was unconditional, he surely would have accepted it immediately.

So Michel needs to decide if he wants to continue to want to dangle in the wind, hoping for something to happen with Clemson so he can go there (and risk losing his scholarship offer to Syracuse), or take the sure thing.

What a tough decision to make. Not for me; I love Syracuse and would have taken that offer the minute it was given. But for someone who grew up in South Carolina and has probably dreamed of wearing purple and touching a rock all his life, this has to be difficult.

But for someone who grew up in South Carolina and has probably dreamed of wearing purple and touching a rock all his life, this has to be difficult.

I know you claim these comments are sincere, but I have an incredibly hard time believing they are not backhanded. You truly are a master.

Was about to post that but you beat me to it.
I have great respect for the Clemson program and for Dabo Swinney. I think Syracuse, and the rest of the schools in the ACC are very fortunate that Clemson is in the league.

But I am not a fan of purple uniforms. Now that I think about it, I had a poster of the Purple People Eaters in my bedroom growing up. I liked the Vikings for no apparent reason. Maybe I am a purple fan. But not paired with orange.

Anyway, I digress. I sincerely believe Michel grew up dreaming to play for the Tigers and if he had a full unconditional offer to go there, he would take it in a second.

I hope that superstar RB with the weird name that begins with an E who also plays baseball goes to Clemson, all the other HS AA RBs on your roster stay with Clemson and Michel ends up at Syracuse; a victim of the incredible wealth of talent on the Clemson football roster. Then everyone wins!

Except Rutgers.

Though that probably goes without saying by this point.

I am not a Dabo fan. He says all the right and sweet things in front of the camera, and then runs up the score against a Shafer-coached Syracuse team, and yells at a ref to "do his job" in the National Championship. I ain't buying Dabo.

I am not a Dabo fan. He says all the right and sweet things in front of the camera, and then runs up the score against a Shafer-coached Syracuse team, and yells at a ref to "do his job" in the National Championship. I ain't buying Dabo.
Lol, ran up the score. It was the first half of the game and Shafer should've got the D to stop them... That was embarrassing for us, not them. Dabo's a great coach and a great representative of their football program.

Lol, ran up the score. It was the first half of the game and Shafer should've got the D to stop them... That was embarrassing for us, not them. Dabo's a great coach and a great representative of their football program.
Yup. Run up the score. Sticking to it

Dabo won me over when he went to the Cuse locker room after SU beat them in the Dome in 2017.

I think wearing orange and touching Ernie's statue is a fine trade off to wearing purple and touching a rock.
Yeah. That was nice. I give him credit for that

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't choose either SU or Clemson. From looking at his twitter, and I said this before, I think he really wants to play Basketball at the next level. The only school I see offering him in both is ECU.
It's like Jerrion Ealy who can't decide between Baseball and football.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't choose either SU or Clemson. From looking at his twitter, and I said this before, I think he really wants to play Basketball at the next level. The only school I see offering him in both is ECU.
It's like Jerrion Ealy who can't decide between Baseball and football.
I don't see him going to ECU. I'm guessing he's trying to pressure the other schools to allow it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom