Class of 2019 - RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF

I am not a Dabo fan. He says all the right and sweet things in front of the camera, and then runs up the score against a Shafer-coached Syracuse team, and yells at a ref to "do his job" in the National Championship. I ain't buying Dabo.
They weren’t running up anything. The score was like 38 to 7. That was just Shaffer being wacky.

I have great respect for the Clemson program and for Dabo Swinney. I think Syracuse, and the rest of the schools in the ACC are very fortunate that Clemson is in the league.

But I am not a fan of purple uniforms. Now that I think about it, I had a poster of the Purple People Eaters in my bedroom growing up. I liked the Vikings for no apparent reason. Maybe I am a purple fan. But not paired with orange.

Anyway, I digress. I sincerely believe Michel grew up dreaming to play for the Tigers and if he had a full unconditional offer to go there, he would take it in a second.

I hope that superstar RB with the weird name that begins with an E who also plays baseball goes to Clemson, all the other HS AA RBs on your roster stay with Clemson and Michel ends up at Syracuse; a victim of the incredible wealth of talent on the Clemson football roster. Then everyone wins!

Except Rutgers.

Though that probably goes without saying by this point.
I thought it was funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't choose either SU or Clemson. From looking at his twitter, and I said this before, I think he really wants to play Basketball at the next level. The only school I see offering him in both is ECU.
It's like Jerrion Ealy who can't decide between Baseball and football.
Jerrion Ealy is a projected top 10 pick in the baseball draft, which would command a bonus of 3-5 million dollars to forego school all together. That's very unique and quite a bit different than a kid who isn't a major basketball prospect trying to decide whether or not he wants to play one sport in a major conference or two sports in at a small conference level.

Jerrion Ealy is a projected top 10 pick in the baseball draft, which would command a bonus of 3-5 million dollars to forego school all together. That's very unique and quite a bit different than a kid who isn't a major basketball prospect trying to decide whether or not he wants to play one sport in a major conference or two sports in at a small conference level.
I only made that comparison as they are both being pursued by Clemson.

If his heart isn’t really into football perhaps coaching staff should pass

#STRecruiting: Clemson offer gives Dukes plenty to think about #Clemson - SportsTalk

January 22, 2019 By Phil Kornblut Leave a Comment

RB Michel Dukes of First Baptist got what he was looking for on his official visit to Clemson last weekend. It wasn’t a jersey. And it wasn’t a meal. It was an offer from the Tigers. Clemson foresees a need at the running back position and Tiger running backs coach Tony Elliott, a James Island native, has long had his eyes on Dukes.

“He said it went great,” First Baptist coach John Waters said of Dukes visit to Clemson. “He didn’t give a commitment yet. Coach Swinney told him to think about it and go from there. He said it was great. He went to coach Swinney’s house and all that.”

Waters said right now he’s not sure what Dukes is thinking about his future.

“I don’t have an answer or any insight,” he said. “He was honored to get it but I don’t know where his head is at.”

Dukes also has taken official visits to East Carolina and Syracuse and his coach said he’s not sure if he’ll take any more. Waters said the Orange called about him again on Monday. Coach Dino Babers had an in home visit last week and Syracuse is sending a recruiter back down next week. Appalachian State and Elliott also were in last week. Waters said he had not heard from Elliott about a possible visit this week.

I wonder how interested Clemson might be and if they invite him for a visit? Hey gbo what do you think?
Apparently they like Dukes a lot more. Ball is in his court now. I assume if he goes to Syracuse then they may just wait out Ealy and hope for the best but I don't know.

I’ve heard from friends at nc state, involved with student athletics, that Syracuse and Dino have been the running punchline of some of their football teams jokes for years.

I’ve heard from friends at nc state, involved with student athletics, that Syracuse and Dino have been the running punchline of some of their football teams jokes for years.
Why is that?

Why is that?
Who knows. Doubt their laughing now.

Knowing this just infuriated me when we lost at NC State to Chubb.

Reactions: gbo
It's kind of a like the fallen tree in the forest question.

Are you really an OC if you're not capable of calling plays in stressful situations?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom