Class of 2019 - RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF

Personally, I blame gbo

source.gif
I agree. That's gotta be good for at least a 24 hr ban. Can an administrator get on this right away? (Looking at you tep624 :confused:)

We are set for rbs for a couple years. But lock down Johnson now and hope we can nab a top back or two in the next year pool of backfield runners. :)
Always good to have a big power back and that is what Johnson is. Someone that can break tackles and is a North / South runner. Very different styles that complement each other.

I agree. That's gotta be good for at least a 24 hr ban. Can an administrator get on this right away? (Looking at you tep624 :confused:)

I'd love to but I'm not an admin :)

Reactions: gbo
We offered first. He was waitlisted by Clemson and offered late. So the whole concept of us "snoozing" is ignorant at best.

my question was rhetorical ;)

He's generally considered by their fans to be at worst, the "depth" back, meaning they think he will be there 4 years, giving a buffer to the early departures of the 4 and 5 star running backs who they will get in the future (and that will invariably leave for the NFL early)

Not surprised at all and smart by the coaching staff to have the back up plan with G Johnson...we went down to the wire with the National Champions for a kid in their home state, not bad
There's always backups to the backups.

Not surprised at all and smart by the coaching staff to have the back up plan with G Johnson...we went down to the wire with the National Champions for a kid in their home state, not bad

Idk, they’re two entirely different backs though. We really need a back like Dukes.

You can't say that and making it true . Many kids growing up fans of a certain team and other teams have stepped in and built trusting relationships and stole them or changed their minds.

The Kenny Anderson Story

Read his commitment letter. Was a really good piece. Sounds like it really boiled down to us and Clemson. Pretty cool we are fighting Clemson for recruits and not the middle Tennessee, Akron’s, etc.

It’s cool. I really wanna go ALLL in on a RB and QB next cycle. Right now, we good.

"I’d get a little worried sometimes wondering what was taking so long for Clemson to offer. I even told myself I was going to go somewhere else in the ACC just to play against them if they didn’t want me. It’s weird though. I always felt like I was a part of something with Clemson anyway. I knew in my heart the whole time that if I didn’t play basketball, Clemson was where I was going to end up. Even when I didn’t have an offer. And really, that’s because of coach Tony Elliott. That man is different."

It's actually nice to get that insight because it spells out what the coaches are fighting against on the recruiting trail. When you have recruits that are so dead set on playing somewhere if/when they offer, it's a losing battle if it happens. But you have to still try in the event that school doesn't come through with an offer.

"I’d get a little worried sometimes wondering what was taking so long for Clemson to offer. I even told myself I was going to go somewhere else in the ACC just to play against them if they didn’t want me. It’s weird though. I always felt like I was a part of something with Clemson anyway. I knew in my heart the whole time that if I didn’t play basketball, Clemson was where I was going to end up. Even when I didn’t have an offer. And really, that’s because of coach Tony Elliott. That man is different."

It's actually nice to get that insight because it spells out what the coaches are fighting against on the recruiting trail. When you have recruits that are so dead set on playing somewhere if/when they offer, it's a losing battle if it happens. But you have to still try in the event that school doesn't come through with an offer.

Yea but look at dawson, the complete opposite. Im sure deep down he wanted clemson but they didnt show the love from the start and ended up picking cuse. Same exact situation, different result. You just never know.

Yea but look at dawson, the complete opposite. Im sure deep down he wanted clemson but they didnt show the love from the start and ended up picking cuse. Same exact situation, different result. You just never know.
Well not quite the same, he wanted to play DE and Clemson only recruited him for the OL. I think that’s what it ultimately came down to with him.

I could be wrong but I always got the impression that his injury affected his "love" for Clemson, how basically he was an early offer, got hurt, then he sorta got waitlisted until it was late in the game. Syracuse came in and prioritized him at his position of choice and I think that was a dynamic shift. No situation is exactly the same, that's why they still try.

Well not quite the same, he wanted to play DE and Clemson only recruited him for the OL. I think that’s what it ultimately came down to with him.
I could be wrong but I always got the impression that his injury affected his "love" for Clemson, how basically he was an early offer, got hurt, then he sorta got waitlisted until it was late in the game. Syracuse came in and prioritized him at his position of choice and I think that was a dynamic shift. No situation is exactly the same, that's why they still try.

Thats a good call. Difference there for sure.

He may have wanted Clemson at one point but that dude loves Syracuse.

We were late to the party . We snoozed on this and we lose. Next
Lol, his visit here back in December had him pretty much locked up for us. Him and Cooper had talked about attending the same school.

Then Clemson came in last second with the dream offer and that was all she wrote. Similar to the Beau Benzschawel situation a few years back.

Lol, his visit here back in December had him pretty much locked up for us. Him and Cooper had talked about attending the same school.

Then Clemson came in last second with the dream offer and that was all she wrote. Similar to the Beau Benzschawel situation a few years back.

Can't fault our coaches on this one.

If circumstances had broken a bit differently, we probably would have landed this stud.

we should have offered him when he was in middle school ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom