Class of 2019 - RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Michel Dukes (SC) Portal from USF

What a running back name

Seems late in the game to be offering a '19 running back, no? I guess you are constantly evaluating and offering, but this kid has offers from all over the place. Maybe we have an in?

Now that’s a nice uniform...change to white numbers with orange piping, orange shoulder stripe with white piping, a white face mask, white piping on the blue stripe on the pants and you’ve really got something there.

And I’m all in favor of another RB from the
Deep South. LGO

welp i guess there's your answer. Yes we might bring in another running back this year.

Has officially visited East Carolina. Planning an OV to South Carolina and VaTech - no dates set. No other visit info at this point that I can find.

Looks like he'd been hearing from Syracuse since at least since mid August.

Last edited:
We must feel like we have something offering this late. Seems to have decent size, good jump step, seems to catch fine as well.

IT. WAS. THE. DUKES!!!

UnconsciousYawningDavidstiger-max-1mb.gif

This kid is fast and makes cuts while still moving ahead and not losing speed. He would be a great get.

Just watched junior highlights. Fast twitch athlete with great body control and flexibility, especially in his lower half. The fluidity in his cuts and the angles he can bend into remind me of Stephen Carr. Not as sudden or strong but we're in the same neighborhood of raw agility. Upside is ridiculous.

We are quite stockpiled at RB, but this kid looks explosive. His build actually reminds me of the NC state receiver Harmon who torched us. Could he possibly get time at receiver if need be? Looks like a player you want to have the ball in open space, no matter how you get the ball to him. If we can reel in this recruit and start reflecting on all the skill players we have on this team for the future, it’s very very exciting.

We are quite stockpiled at RB, but this kid looks explosive. His build actually reminds me of the NC state receiver Harmon who torched us. Could he possibly get time at receiver if need be? Looks like a player you want to have the ball in open space, no matter how you get the ball to him. If we can reel in this recruit and start reflecting on all the skill players we have on this team for the future, it’s very very exciting.

I think Babers is going to keep looking until he gets his Lache Seastrunk & Shock Linwood running back. Dukes looks like he might have the moves for this system, and definitely has a good RB name to match up, which is important =D. I could imagine yelling DUUUUUKES after several a long TD run.

Agreed explosive is right. You are right on the money with your thought on his open field ability. I think we give him a very good opportunity to maximize that at RB from the backfield and a system that will split him out wide occasionally.

With how we run the ball and high plays per game when this style offense is clicking, players can stack up yards. DBs have to play back to protect against the pass creating open space for RBs like Dukes (DeVito threw some good looking long passes this year, expect more opening up the run further). Quick decisive open field elusiveness and flexibility with minimal slowdown, like Dukes shows in his highlights, can multiply the impact because of defensive spacing required against our offense. If the D is in tighter against other offensive systems it reduces his advantage because the help defender is more likely to be waiting in that cut lane.

Dukes actually looks like he often uses his pivot step to accelerate as he changes direction to his full straight line speed, not many can do this well. Most players of juke back and forth all day while a spread out defense recovers to the ball. When a player accelerates out of his break the yardage upside is phenomenal in a balanced run/pass spread system like ours. He's has shown ability to catch passes this year which is definitely great for our system as you noted.

Great fit for us, probably a really great fit for him to capitalize on his talent.

Safeties and Rb/slot guys

Get to know these players as athletes. I don’t see or staff feeling like we already have enough of this kid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom