Class of 2018 - RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt

What the kid did was wrong.
Good luck at Pitt but that wasn’t the right thing to do with the hat stunt.

What the kid did was wrong.
Good luck at Pitt but that wasn’t the right thing to do with the hat stunt.
Will go on the chalkboard when we play them. BOL but no reason to do that.

I know bnoro and a few others said that Dixon, Howard had nothing to do with Salahuddin. However, did you guys see CuseFootball tweeted that we were done with signing day before the Salahuddin announcement. To me, this either means Salahuddin told Cuse he's not signing (which Salahuddin said he didn't do) or it means SU moved on from Salahuddin. Thoughts...? Kind of to meeans we moved on once Howard committed and Dixon became eligble.

I know bnoro and a few others said that Dixon, Howard had nothing to do with Salahuddin. However, did you guys see CuseFootball tweeted that we were done with signing day before the Salahuddin announcement. To me, this either means Salahuddin told Cuse he's not signing (which Salahuddin said he didn't do) or it means SU moved on from Salahuddin. Thoughts...? Kind of to meeans we moved on once Howard committed and Dixon became eligble.
Think i’ll go with what bnoro said seeing as he’s been consistently spot on. If there’s other details regarding this announcement bnoro chose not to disclose, its probably for our best interests or some other good reason

No ill will toward this kid for making the decision that suits him best.

But I do look forward to our defensive players dropping him for a 7 yard loss on his first carry when we play them.

Looking forward to a Dyshawn Davis like smackdown and fumble return

RUTGERSCRUSHED.gif

From what I understand Pitt had zero RBs this cycle. We had 2 1/2 (I think Jordan claws his way here) and with proven 4-star Adams on the way for '19. There is a situation where you can have too much of a good thing. I can only offer speculation that when our RB situation aligned, we may have pursued Salahuddin with less urgency - maybe even backed-off. I still would've loved to stockpile him, but the current situation looks bright.
His hat maneuver was bad form. No one likes a hat-teaser. It won't go unnoticed.

if we "moved on" it was because they realized he wasn't coming here. Does that mean we moved on? I don't think so. Pretty much the reason he isn't here is because the kid wanted to go somewhere else.

Sucks because it was at a position of desperate need and these are the kids you need to get to elevate the talent level in your program. He would have been a great addition to some legit, high level ACC athletes in this class. With that said this class has some potential program changers. I can't wait to see how Babers and staff can do once we actually start winning.

The staff knew he wasn't coming.

Now that it happened, I have no problem telling you what I knew. People made a big deal about Dino not visiting Salahuddin last week. Narduzzi didn't either. They both had in homes back in December so they weren't allowed to. We did a great job on his OV, as we usually do, but we didn't make up enough ground with him visiting Pitt last. Pitt knew after his OV there that Salahuddin was going there. It wasn't 100% but it was 99%. Our staff was aware of that lean. Hence the announcement before his announcement.

When he came out in the USC sweatshirt I had a feeling we were going to get a fakeout and of course he grabbed the SU hat first (hate that nonsense when we were one of his best visits).

As I said the whole time, this recruitment had nothing to do with any other as he was one of those "too good to turn down" talents, regardless of the available spots.

(But hey, I'm purposely vague about my info, right guys?)

Now that it happened, I have no problem telling you what I knew. People made a big deal about Dino not visiting Salahuddin last week. Narduzzi didn't either. They both had in homes back in December so they weren't allowed to. We did a great job on his OV, as we usually do, but we didn't make up enough ground with him visiting Pitt last. Pitt knew after his OV there that Salahuddin was going there. It wasn't 100% but it was 99%. Our staff was aware of that lean. Hence the announcement before his announcement.

When he came out in the USC sweatshirt I had a feeling we were going to get a fakeout and of course he grabbed the SU hat first (hate that nonsense when we were one of his best visits).

As I said the whole time, this recruitment had nothing to do with any other as he was one of those "too good to turn down" talents, regardless of the available spots.

Appreciate all the info you provide, bnoro.

I don't take the fake-out stuff personally. The kids are just going for a show. But if SU wants to use it as extra motivation and take it out on him once per season, they have my permission.

Appreciate all the info you provide, bnoro.

I don't take the fake-out stuff personally. The kids are just going for a show. But if SU wants to use it as extra motivation and take it out on him once per season, they have my permission.
I don't take it personally either, they're just kids.

But what's that saying about not burning bridges... You never know who you might need help from someday.

I'm more upset about Baldonado choosing Pitt. Not that we had a chance at him, but because I think he's going to be really good.

Most of us don't doubt you bnoro , we just don't always like what you have to say. It is because of your reliability that we sometimes seem to turn on you (although I hope I have never done so, and don't intend to in the future).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom