Class of 2018 - RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt

I mean, kinda interesting that he's committed to USC, entertained an in home visit, and will come visit campus. I mean, why?

I see it as one of two potential things. He’s either got real interest in the program or he’s going to visit with his other Woodson pals. Or maybe a bit of both.

Either way, definitely a nice development.

I see it as one of two potential things. He’s either got real interest in the program or he’s going to visit with his other Woodson pals. Or maybe a bit of both.

Either way, definitely a nice development.
He committed early to USC so he may be having second thoughts especially now that their top QB is headed to the NFL. Also he is a lot closer to home and would be with friends.

Certainly nice that the young man is contemplating a visit. He just may be looking to take all of his visits...there is no downside here...unless one of our rb recruits gets concerned this late in the cycle. Keeping optimism in check here, there is a big gap between taking an in home and flipping from USC. What happens between now and February will certainly be interesting though.

This free article is from October.

USC not taking Salahuddin's commitment for granted

RB Mychale Salahuddin from Woodson HS in Washington, DC, committed to USC back in June after attending the All-Ballers Camp. Since then he's remained solid with his commitment to the Trojans and he'll take his official visit next month.

"I'm definitely going to take my official visit on the 18th of November, the week before Thanksgiving," said Salahuddin.

But Salahuddin said he's also considering taking official visits to Pittsburgh, Michigan, Florida and Syracuse.

"I'm just weighing my options to the fullest," he said. "I'm definitely 100 percent committed to the Trojans, but you can't put all your eggs in one basket. It's still fairly early, so I have to weigh all my options. But I'm still a Trojan now and from this moment on."

One of the main reasons Salahuddin has remained solid with his USC commitment is RBs coach Deland McCullough.

"Coach McCullough is definitely someone I can talk to about real life situations," Salahuddin said. "He keeps things very honest and direct and that's real big with me. And his overall coaching method and social method is definitely something I want to be a part of."

McCullough showed his commitment to Salahuddin when he flew from South Bend, IN to DC the day before the Trojans faced Notre Dame.

"Him coming all the way from the West Coast with them having a game to play, definitely shows his commitment and love," said Salahuddin. "He took time out of his busy schedule to come spend time seeing me and I definitely thought about that."

Although other schools continuing to pursue Salahuddin despite his commitment to the Trojans, USC and Deland McCullough continue to lead the way.

"USC is definitely the school recruiting me the hardest," Salahuddin said.

We'll talk to Salahuddin after his Nov. 18 official visit weekend at USC.

He also had home visits with SoCal and UNC (looked like our old RB coach DeAndre Smith). It looks like he's just following the plan he mapped out in October. Kid also looks really content (probably an understatement but couldnt find the right word) in the photos from his USC visit.

The kid just hasn't shut it down and we obviously stayed on him. Love that Dino is there. Hoping distance ends up playing a factor and that we blow him away. Sure isn't going to hurt that we've got two of his teammates getting ready to sign with us.

I don't expect miracles but one of these days we've got to land a player of this caliber.

We need to get a top skill guy to compete on offense.. we got a great QB, and the guys we got coming in look pretty good but still we never quite get a wr/rb 4 star guy to actually get to campus.

It's an honor just to be nominated. Never bad publicity to have kids of this caliber visiting whether we land him or not.

This would allow for jordan to potentially move to the slot where I believe he’d be much more dangerous in our system. We need big, quick bruisers at the rb position and salahuddib/pierre/dixon fit that role.

The kid just hasn't shut it down and we obviously stayed on him. Love that Dino is there. Hoping distance ends up playing a factor and that we blow him away. Sure isn't going to hurt that we've got two of his teammates getting ready to sign with us.

I don't expect miracles but one of these days we've got to land a player of this caliber.

It could be something as simple as that -- kid leaving home for the first time, the prospect of going across the country seeming a bit more daunting than it did before.

Glad to see we're still involved. This kid and Jordan would be a freaking home run at RB.

I expect he'll end up staying with USC, but if he decides he doesn't want to do that, I like our chances. Need Wallace and Hendrix to kick the recruiting into overdrive.

It could be something as simple as that -- kid leaving home for the first time, the prospect of going across the country seeming a bit more daunting than it did before.

Glad to see we're still involved. This kid and Jordan would be a freaking home run at RB.
Don't forget Dixon.

Don't forget Dixon.

I'm not -- we've lacked a power back in recent years, and either he or Pierre might fit that bill. But Salahuddin and Jordan are home run threats.

Maybe Riley Dixon can meet with him. It couldn’t hurt to have a Heisman Trophy winner help with this recruitment.

We have a chance.

980x.gif

This is really interesting. I know he loved USC but I believe some of the family would prefer him stay on the East Coast. I know they really liked UNC early in the process too. Not sure where it stands as of now. Maybe he's just visiting for a fun trip with Hendrix and Wallace and out of respect that he holds for Babers and Ferri, but at the very least this shows the strides the staff is making. He already took his official to USC so giving Dino the last chance to sway him with a visit is big. Never count out this staff when it comes to recruiting. People love them.

If you are set on USC and want to enjoy the recruiting process with your other 4 officials there are many nicer places to visit then Syracuse in January. Have to think he is intrigued at the least.
Is there a big hoops game when he's planning to visit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom