Class of 2017 - RB AJ Dillon (MA) Verbal to BC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB AJ Dillon (MA) Verbal to BC

Offers...

BC, UMass, Syracuse.

And according to one site Bullough is his primary recruiter.

Eddy Fish @theRealeddy35 · Mar 22

Great visit to Cuse today with @ajdillon7 #CuseNation #44 #Orange
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
pic.twitter.com/ekP2MKkKNs

CAuD7fDUUAEP55d.jpg

CAuD7eaU8AAQeeT.jpg

Free article...

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Syracuse-Offers-2017-Running-Back-36419394

Syracuse Offers 2017 Running Back
Syracuse is the latest to extend an offer to Groton (MA) Lawrence Academy 2017 RB A.J. Dillon, the prospect has informed 24/7Sports.

"Syracuse offered," Dillon said. "Coach Bullough is recruiting me. I really enjoyed my visit to Syracuse [last weekend]. They have a great coaching staff and an awesome system. They built a brand new indoor practice facility that was gorgeous. I'm really thankful to have received an offer from a school that I've grown up watching. I'm honored."

The Orange join Boston College and Massachusetts in offering the rising sophomore, who is in the midst of a college tour that includes stops at BC, Rutgers, Maryland, Villanova, Temple, and Connecticut in addition to the visit to Syracuse.

Holy Schneider dudes a freaking athletic monster daaaaaaammmmmnnnn

Those are numbers by a HS sophomore? Sweet lord...

Bam do you happen to have any info on this kid? I wonder why he doesnt have a larger offer sheet given his size and athliticism

Bam do you happen to have any info on this kid? I wonder why he doesnt have a larger offer sheet given his size and athliticism
He plays right up the road I will try and get over to his 7 on 7 this summer... My guess cause he is from ma. After sparq that will probably change

He plays right up the road I will try and get over to his 7 on 7 this summer... My guess cause he is from ma. After sparq that will probably change
Thanks Bam, and thank you also for all the help with RW! I get the feeling you were a positive influence in his decision making process.

Free Article...

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Dillon-Becoming-A-Hot-Commodity-37256045

Groton (MA) Lawrence Academy 2017 RB A.J. Dillon was a relatively unknown prospect to most college coaches and recruiting fans around the country, but that's about to change over the next few months.

The 6-foot-1, 228-pound prospect recently competed at The Opening Regional Camp in New Jersey and came out on top as the SPARQ MVP with a score 114.12, after posting a 4.64 second 40-yard dash, 4.39 second shuttle, 38.5-foot powerball toss, and 36.6-inch vertical leap. It was a result that even surprised the prospect himself.

"That was an awesome experience," Dillon told 247Sports. "Going in I was pretty nervous, but was just trying to do my best. I had never practiced any of those drills that we got tested in, so I was shocked that I did so well. I spoke to other kids there and they were telling me how they were practicing the 40-yard dash for months and all of that. I've never done that and it was really my first combine and second camp. It's kind of surreal."

Prior to the camp, Dillon already held offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Syracuse, Temple, and Massachusetts. Following the event, as well as getting his film out, things are heating up for the talented back.

"Lately I'm hearing from Boston College, Nebraska, Michigan, Virginia, Maryland, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, UConn, and other schools in the ACC that are close to here," he said. "Nebraska has shown really big interest lately and a coach came by recently to see me. They told my coach that I'm one of the few in the area that they were coming to see and that they're going to be using a big-back offense that I would fit well in. Michigan is supposed to have a coach come by soon, as well."

As far as visits go, Dillon made a swing through Syracuse, Rutgers, Maryland, Temple, Villanova, UConn, and Boston College in March. He plans to get out to as many schools as he can this summer in hopes of landing some other offers.

"I'm still trying to figure out my schedule for visits this summer," he stated. "We have to figure out where we can go within our budget. I know I'll definitely be going to Virginia for their camp either on June 20 or July 23, but I'm not sure other than that.

"I know the Virginia offer is one I would really, really like. Nebraska is another one. They are a powerhouse school and it would mean a lot. I'd love to get out to the West Coast and get some offers there from places like UCLA or USC, as well as to the South at places like Georgia and North Carolina, other schools like that. I'm also really looking forward to getting my first Big Ten offer."

When it comes to the offers he already has, Dillon broke down some of the things he likes about those programs.

BOSTON COLLEGE: "I go to school here and have had the best chance to connect with the coaches. I have the best relationships there right now. I get an 'at home' feel from them."

SYRACUSE: "It was really nice there when I visited. I love the coaches there."

UCONN: "They're right at home. My family lives in London, Connecticut, so they're right there."

TEMPLE: "When I was there I didn't get to meet all of the coaches, but I liked it. I'm looking forward to talking with the coaches more."

UMASS: "They were the first school to notice me and the first one to offer me. I haven't had the chance to visit yet, but the fact that they were one of the first to show genuine interest in me is big."

Obviously a decision timeline will be much determined on when more offers for Dillon come in, but the rising junior has a plan in mind.

"I'm looking at a decision around the middle of my junior year, maybe next winter," he explained. "It could be the end of spring, maybe a year from now. I want to go into summer knowing where I'm going.

"I'm looking for a place that has great academics. My mom is a teacher so she stressed that. She shuts down any school that doesn't have good academics, even if they are good at football. I also am looking at the coaches. I know you can't base everything on coaches at the college level, but I want to see the overall feel of the staff as a player. On all my visits I always ask the players how the coaches are and treat them. I want to play for someone who will coach me up hard on the field, but also care for me as well. I don't want to just be another number on a roster."

Dillon is rated as a 4-star prospect, No. 159 overall, the No. 18 running back, and top player in Massachusetts for 2017 per 247Sports.

Free article...

http://virginia.247sports.com/Bolt/Four-star-running-back-returns-from-UVa-highly-impressed-37764470

2017 Groton (Mass.) Lawrence Academy running back A.J. Dillon visited Virginia over the weekend. The four-star ‘back returned home impressed.

“It went really well,” said Dillon. “I was really impressed. I’ve liked everything I’ve seen at Virginia.”

What stood out most to the 6-foot-1, 230-pound prospect?

“The people here. I guess what they say about southern hospitality is really true. Everybody, even the people around town, the players, the coaches, they all went above and beyond to make themselves known and to make it clear that they’re happy that I’m here.

“It’s just a really nice place. The campus is beautiful. The academics are great. The football is great. There’s not many schools that can compete on so many playing fields.”

Although the Cavaliers have yet to offer Dillon, the Massachusetts native got the vibe from head coach Mike London that a scholarship tender may be forthcoming.

“Coach London and Coach Larry Lewis made it clear that they’re very interested in me. I feel like an offer is close and I’m really hoping for that offer. Virginia would go to the top three on my list.

“It seems like they’re really interested, so I’m waiting for them to offer, pretty much.”

What’s up next for Dillon?

“Next week, I have Notre Dame. The following week, I have Penn State.”

Dillon already holds offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Syracuse, and Temple.

Virginia is one of four programs that Dillon feels may be close to offering.

“Penn State is really close. I feel like Maryland and Rutgers may be really close. There’s a bunch of newer schools like Nebraska, Michigan, Notre Dame, and others.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom