Class of 2020 - RB/S RJ Moten (NJ) Portal from Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB/S RJ Moten (NJ) Portal from Michigan

FIgured would add some information since I worked for this organization and ran the state of Tennessee.

Future Games is essentially where nearly every state brings together their best uncommitted 2020 prospect and 2021 prospects (translate to best unsigned uncommitted juniors and select sophomores) for about $100 per kid. This event is the pinnacle of baseball recruiting for that age group. This event had around 250 college baseball coaches last year. We did not play New Jersey last year, so no clue just how talented he is, but if T.J. has him nearly Top 10 in the state, odds are he showed well out there.

When I selected for this group, I wanted no doubt D-1 guys for baseball. Would assume other states are the same, so Moten is either going to make a decision to be a 2-way player in college or give up one of the sports he is a strong prospect at.

Wow...an R but no S?
A little intel here. I’m sure SU not having a baseball team is a huge factor. Supposively this kid is equally good in baseball and might get drafted. It’s been discussed with several teams that he would be allowed to play both.

A little intel here. I’m sure SU not having a baseball team is a huge factor. Supposively this kid is equally good in baseball and might get drafted. It’s been discussed with several teams that he would be allowed to play both.
:( Have SU make a deal with the Mets to let him play with them...an offer they can not refuse.

Syracuse had another football-baseball star back in the late 1980s named William Pennyfeather.

William was a WR and an outfielder. He went to SU and played football, and in the summers, when classes were not in session, he played for the Syracuse Junior Chiefs.

The Junior Chiefs are still around. Might be an option. For William, he did so well with the Junior Chiefs that he was drafted by the Pirates after his sophomore year and he ended up leaving Syracuse and playing pro baseball. He made it all the way to the major leagues and remains, to my knowledge, the last football player (and I think the last SU student) to make it to a MLB team.

Syracuse Junior Chiefs - Syracuse Junior Chiefs

“I know I dropped my top 10 a couple weeks ago, but Iv’e been narrowing it down," he said. "I’ve got it to five now. And week-by-week, day-by-day I’m just talking to my parents seeing which school is going to be the best for me.

“Basically, it’s Michigan, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Wisconsin and Nebraska."

One of these things is definitely not like the others.

“I know I dropped my top 10 a couple weeks ago, but Iv’e been narrowing it down," he said. "I’ve got it to five now. And week-by-week, day-by-day I’m just talking to my parents seeing which school is going to be the best for me.

Private school, Catholic, different conference; CLEARLY you were referring to Notre Dame! No?

He threw rutgers in there just to give toaderick hunt a boner. He probably wet his pants lol

Doubt we are in play, but man, that'd be a nice snag

He wasnt the starter at Michigan but he can start on most teams. Would like him at Cuse but Im sure NIL might come into play.

He wasnt the starter at Michigan but he can start on most teams. Would like him at Cuse but Im sure NIL might come into play.
Everyone is not getting NIL. He probably wants an opportunity to start somewhere in what is his last shot to impress scouts.

I know the FS position in the scheme acts as a CB but if the staff could find a good starter at Safety you could move Alijah Clark to CB to start with Johnson.
Good thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom