Class of 2020 RB Sean Tucker (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/13/19)

Digable5

Scout Team
Sorry!

And let me just say, I really like this commit. Anything I said above has nothing directly to do with KL at all. He’s a perfect player for this system and it’ll be exciting to see how he grows and is used in the next few years.
I guess it really did get off topic (Sean Tucker not KL hahaha).

I’ll try to bring it back without upsetting everyone. Sean Tucker is a complete RB with elite talents that I think is going to be huge for the future of Syracuse. Go Orange!

qdawgg

All American
I guess it really did get off topic (Sean Tucker not KL hahaha).

I’ll try to bring it back without upsetting everyone. Sean Tucker is a complete RB with elite talents that I think is going to be huge for the future of Syracuse. Go Orange!
Yes! Tucker, my bad.

Nahson

Your best friend
I mean, if my opinion is based on historical data... then yes, it's just an opinion.

I guess I should have said, don't let data get in the way of a poor argument.

Lol what historical data? Kids a solid pick up.

BillSU

Starter
Speed does not equal “natural athleticism”. You can be athletic without being fast. And fast without being very athletic. I’m not saying that this kid isn’t fast or isn’t naturally athletic. What I’m saying is straight line speed is overrated on a RB. It’s great if you have it in the open field, but you have to get to that open field first and foremost.

Take a look at the draft this weekend. Josh Jacobs didn’t have a time on NFL.com but the next two players are 4.49. Then three players and 4.6+. Followed by someone with 4.52. Each one of these players is slower than Sean’s supposed time and they were drafted in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Again, speed is a great attribute to have at any position in football, but it’s more about what you do with it, than JUST having it. My initial evaluation said, that I was impressed with everything else Sean offered above and beyond his speed. Not detracting from it, but saying how good a RB he is, not how good a track star he can be.
As long as we are comparing times of FB RB's who are also sprinters, I thought I would mention the running styles of Jawhar Jordan and Sean Tucker. I believe both are going to be great backs. It's great that we have these two SU backs to compare with such fast 40 times. Tucker 4.28, Jordan 4.37. Dino get's 'em. Greatest coach and recruiter SU has had.

Both are football and track athletes. Jordan, however, has had more experience as a running back than Tucker and that makes a difference. At the moment I give the best RB to Jordan, he has both speed and moves. He takes the ball from the QB gets out of the backfield quickly looks like he's trapped, jukes the defender and is gone. His stride length, when you look at him quickly, makes him look like he has got to go to get further away or they're going to catch him then a quick transition happens and the burners go on and take him beyond the defenders and what he needs to score.

Go back and look at Jordans tape and compare it to Tuckers. Until they create an event to measure both elite speed and elusiveness in the open field we'll have to be satisfied with elite straight line speed which to me gives the measure that a RB recruit is going to leave the jock strap of a corner/LB 10 feet in the air if he is elusive, has great peripheral vision, knows how to utilize a stutter step and or juke a defender to get into the secondary and beyond. Jordan has these attributes honed to a finer edge than Tucker at the moment IMHO.

def: for those who haven't heard the term. A juke is a move in most forms of American football used to evade a tackler by deception, and thus without need of a stiff arm. It can also be called sidestepping. A typical juke involves a ball-carrier faking as if he will run one way, then planting his foot and running the opposite

GOSU :)

IthacaMatt

Living Legend
As long as we are comparing times of FB RB's who are also sprinters, I thought I would mention the running styles of Jawhar Jordan and Sean Tucker. I believe both are going to be great backs. It's great that we have these two SU backs to compare with such fast 40 times. Tucker 4.28, Jordan 4.37. Dino get's 'em. Greatest coach and recruiter SU has had.

Both are football and track athletes. Jordan, however, has had more experience as a running back than Tucker and that makes a difference. At the moment I give the best RB to Jordan, he has both speed and moves. He takes the ball from the QB gets out of the backfield quickly looks like he's trapped, jukes the defender and is gone. His stride length, when you look at him quickly, makes him look like he has got to go to get further away or they're going to catch him then a quick transition happens and the burners go on and take him beyond the defenders and what he needs to score.

Go back and look at Jordans tape and compare it to Tuckers. Until they create an event to measure both elite speed and elusiveness in the open field we'll have to be satisfied with elite straight line speed which to me gives the measure that a RB recruit is going to leave the jock strap of a corner/LB 10 feet in the air if he is elusive, has great peripheral vision, knows how to utilize a stutter step and or juke a defender to get into the secondary and beyond. Jordan has these attributes honed to a finer edge than Tucker at the moment IMHO.

def: for those who haven't heard the term. A juke is a move in most forms of American football used to evade a tackler by deception, and thus without need of a stiff arm. It can also be called sidestepping. A typical juke involves a ball-carrier faking as if he will run one way, then planting his foot and running the opposite

GOSU :)
I agree, Jordan can make a sharp cut and change direction at seemingly top speed. He is elusive between the tackles. That's key. It's not just that he has to get around the end to turn on the speed.

CA Monk

2nd String
Golly gee. These kind of recruiting stories makes my little Orange heart go pitter-patter. And I’m not being sarcastic.

NJCuse97

Starter
Mr. Bailey. Good article, but some things that stood out were a quote, “I think when he got up there, it’s like a marriage,” Davis said. “You find a fit you like and you feel their genuine in their recruitment of you.” And this Yogi Berra gem, “Wax came onto Holzer’s radar at a seventh-grade youth football event, and despite being young for his age, already exuded maturity”
Sorry for policing this. Couldn’t help it.

Top Bottom