Class of 2021 - RB Seven McGee (CA/NY) Portal from Jackson St | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 RB Seven McGee (CA/NY) Portal from Jackson St

Someone get this kid to Avon Old Farms, St. Thomas More, Blair, Peddie, Suffield, IMG, etc. On a superficial level, it seems like way too many great athletes get chewed up by NYSPHSAA rules/regs on eligibility. From what's been reported in this thread, sounds like the kid could use some consistency/stability badly.

This is so messed up. It's not like he's moving between schools within the section, he's literally coming back from California. And he can't play football because of what, local politics?

It is absurd.

If he attempted to enroll at Aquinas he'd be leading the state in rushing. :rolleyes:

I believe they ruled Seven ineligible to play at East this year. Hope they over rule that determination.

But, its about the kids.
Such BS. Small minded men, (generally) who lack the ability to control their own destinies (generally) get off on controlling those of kids.

I don't know all of the specifics of this case but it sounds like another story of a very talented young athlete who gets blocked by uncaring "grownups" for political reasons and ends up a justifiably bitter young adult with limited prospects. I hope it turns out differently.

Indecision with the passing of time becomes decision.

Do we know if Bartow has a relationship with him?

Is he still as good as his offer list suggests? I know he committed (on and off a few times) pretty early. Has he grown and improved since those early offers?

I hope Seven can get into a sound academic situation. His path has been difficult for any young man. This pandemic just adds another hurdle to the academic challenge.

I see Seven is on Oregon's roster. Really pleased to see that. I had significant concerns he would never make it to college with all the moving around and injuries. Good luck to him. Hope he does well there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom