Class of 2018 - RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana

I know numerous posters throw out doubts regarding academics as soon as an Army offer or the likes of which is made. Do schools like Duke and Army only offer you if the academics are in line/reasonable? Honestly been wondering this for a couple years now.
Yes.
I'm sure there are exceptions but generally if Army, Navy, Air Force, Duke, Northwestern or Stanford offer the recruit has been vetted and deemed to have good enough grades to be accepted to those institutions. So if a kid has offers from those schools you have to assume he is a lock to qualify and shouldn't have an issue being accepted to SU.

Yes.
I'm sure there are exceptions but generally if Army, Navy, Air Force, Duke, Northwestern or Stanford offer the recruit has been vetted and deemed to have good enough grades to be accepted to those institutions. So if a kid has offers from those schools you have to assume he is a lock to qualify and shouldn't have an issue being accepted to SU.

A few years back we got a Stanford guy because his grades were a bit short for acceptance there, but more than enough for SU.

A few years back we got a Stanford guy because his grades were a bit short for acceptance there, but more than enough for SU.
Jarred West & the Safety, the name's escaping me... Bigger bodied kid from the down-state area I believe. Ended up leaving the team to pursue a music career I believe. Really unique and intelligent guy.

*** EDIT - SHUTANG MUNGWA! How could I ever forget Shu?!?!

Jarred West & the Safety, the name's escaping me... Bigger bodied kid from the down-state area I believe. Ended up leaving the team to pursue a music career I believe. Really unique and intelligent guy.

*** EDIT - SHUTANG MUNGWA! How could I ever forget Shu?!?!

I wonder if Shu's rap career ever got off the ground.

Speed is the issue with this kid. Same issue with the kid that wound up laying at Maine
It's not speed. It's mindset at SU regarding NY RBs. Mack was a 4.5 in high school and has increased through development. Had an outstanding freshman season. Played 9 games with over 1000 all-purpose yards 8 TDS, Freshman of the Year, 2 time CAA freshman of the week and New England Sportswriters Gold Helmet Award winner. His first offers were BC, UTEP and Maine...none from SU. Hope SU changes mindset before loosing another outstanding prospect from NY.

It's not speed. It's mindset at SU regarding NY RBs. Mack was a 4.5 in high school and has increased through development. Had an outstanding freshman season. Played 9 games with over 1000 all-purpose yards 8 TDS, Freshman of the Year, 2 time CAA freshman of the week and New England Sportswriters Gold Helmet Award winner. His first offers were BC, UTEP and Maine...none from SU. Hope SU changes mindset before loosing another outstanding prospect from NY.

What mindset is that? Scott has an offer.

I love Josh and what he's doing at Maine. People here know I go out my way to support NYS prospects, but I wouldn't say the staff has a mindset that NYS RB's are slow. If your fast, your fast. There's no grey area there. They currently have a NY kid at RB. They didn't have to keep him there. The staff evaluates what they see on tape or at their camp. Thats what every school does. They are also more aggressive with NYS prospects this year. Their first two commits are NY kids. They have several offers out to other NY kids. They are recruiting Stevie hard. Have to give credit when its due.

What mindset is that? Scott has an offer.
That's good...now let's hope he commits!
I love Josh and what he's doing at Maine. People here know I go out my way to support NYS prospects, but I wouldn't say the staff has a mindset that NYS RB's are slow. If your fast, your fast. There's no grey area there. They currently have a NY kid at RB. They didn't have to keep him there. The staff evaluates what they see on tape or at their camp. Thats what every school does. They are also more aggressive with NYS prospects this year. Their first two commits are NY kids. They have several offers out to other NY kids. They are recruiting Stevie hard. Have to give credit when its due.
Gotcha...

That's good...now let's hope he commits!

Gotcha...
Was just looking at Josh's stats, good to see he had a really solid Freshman year. He & fellow Frosh Earnest Edwards from Rochester Aquinas should provide a solid foundation for the offense to build around going forward. Looks like you'll be breaking in a QB with very little experience. That trip to UCF 9/30 will be a nice test.

IMG_0914.GIF

Yes.
There is wiggle room even started the service academies.

There is wiggle room even started the service academies.
My brother in law attended Annapolis and his first posting upon graduation was in the SID office. He was responsible for the promotional mailings touting David Robinson for post season honors. The academy had a height restriction that I recall was something like 6'6" or 6'7". Steve always chuckled about how th admiral grew from 6'6" to 7'1" over night. So yes, in some areas there is just a little wiggle room.

I wonder where Mr. Scott is on our board right now. Has been quiet on this front as of late.