Class of 2018 - RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana

It's not speed. It's mindset at SU regarding NY RBs. Mack was a 4.5 in high school and has increased through development. Had an outstanding freshman season. Played 9 games with over 1000 all-purpose yards 8 TDS, Freshman of the Year, 2 time CAA freshman of the week and New England Sportswriters Gold Helmet Award winner. His first offers were BC, UTEP and Maine...none from SU. Hope SU changes mindset before loosing another outstanding prospect from NY.

so the rest of the BCS, MAC and other schools must have missed on Josh as well? They have had plenty of RB from NYS

Reactions: CIL

Have a feeling he may have let the door close a little bit at SU, especially with the big name LB commits and the AZ rb.

Have a feeling he may have let the door close a little bit at SU, especially with the big name LB commits and the AZ rb.

Also Dixon. I can't imagine we'll take 3 RBs this cycle, and I've got to imagine that we're saving our last LB spot for Armstrong.

Who is Armstrong? I searched the forum and can't find anyone with that name.

He loved his visit there. Haven't seen any verbal though.

Wow can you believe that, Rutgers? He doesn't have many really big offers yet.

I don't see any commitment at the moment. I still fully believe he blows up this fall.

If he commits to Rutgers I'd give them a 25% chance of them retaining that commit. Not because he's some high SEC/ACC talent, but because they're Rutgers.

I don't see any commitment at the moment. I still fully believe he blows up this fall.

If he commits to Rutgers I'd give them a 25% chance of them retaining that commit. Not because he's some high SEC/ACC talent, but because they're Rutgers.

25% would be accurate for pretty much any RU commit.

All this being said though, I remember there was a good user/account on this board who always posts reliable info saying that there may be/are academic reasons we've held off involvement on Scott.

Oh yeah - that's what I meant. I was saying left from my perspective but it was his right.

No, you misunderstood what Crew was saying. He was agreeing with you about the guy on the left and contrasting it with the guy on the right.

I don't know. If he's got academic risks, shore those up instead of visiting the scarlet dumpster fires. Time well spent vs one step closer to the ash heap.

No, you misunderstood what Crew was saying. He was agreeing with you about the guy on the left and contrasting it with the guy on the right.

Ah I gotcha! Sorry for my confusion CuseCrew08 . You're right about your observation :)

buttgers putting the full court press on. Syracuse passed him up and Scott wants to play RB but not likely to get the offer(s) he covets. Will hold his spot at ru until they come. Anyone know if he's camping at michigan state?