Class of 2018 - RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana

If he commits to SU before he gets "evaluated", he'll probably be a 3 star max. If he waits and "big" schools offer, he'll probably be a 4 star.
Is LSU still interested in him?

Just want to give a little update it's been awhile. Stevie is number two on the board for rb's behind a back from Georgia but his offer is commitable and the staff expects him to possibly be the first commit. He's number 3 lb on the board so his position could be on either side of the board. Only other teams I've heard that haven't been mentioned are Ole Miss and Nc State but I'm sure there's more. Staff likes 6-7 ny guys who they would take this year. There are others who would be on that list but a few have no grades for them to take seriously one who is another local kid that hasn't been mentioned at all on here.

Just want to give a little update it's been awhile. Stevie is number two on the board for rb's behind a back from Georgia but his offer is commitable and the staff expects him to possibly be the first commit. He's number 3 lb on the board so his position could be on either side of the board. Only other teams I've heard that haven't been mentioned are Ole Miss and Nc State but I'm sure there's more. Staff likes 6-7 ny guys who they would take this year. There are others who would be on that list but a few have no grades for them to take seriously one who is another local kid that hasn't been mentioned at all on here.
Curious - is WR Jalin Cooper one of those 6-7 NY guys the staff likes?

Looks like, so far, the answer is no, according to the database.

Anderson, Cruikshank and Ruckert are NY WR's with offers. Cooper isn't even on the list of those with interest in SU.

All of this can change, of course.

Looks like, so far, the answer is no, according to the database.

Anderson, Cruikshank and Ruckert are NY WR's with offers. Cooper isn't even on the list of those with interest in SU.

All of this can change, of course.
Cooper visited here recently. He definitely has interest in Syracuse,and vice versa...

Interesting stuff. Is SU looking at SirVocea Dennis at FS? Nice looking athlete with good size...

Interesting stuff. Is SU looking at SirVocea Dennis at FS? Nice looking athlete with good size...
I was thinking either Dennis or maybe the tall tackle from CNS, Lorenzo Thompson.

The cns kid is Watts but he's got no grades as of now he's a corner who's real fast. They like him as a returner and cb. Dennis is a stud safety he's a ballhawk his tenth grade year he had atleast one int in every game played that year but don't know if contact has been made or if they will. He's one of those guys who won't test well speed wise even though he plays fast. They like Cooper and Woods for wr in nys. McDuffie more on D than O. Haven't heard anything about the lineman from cns. They really like the corner from brockport but heard his grades might be an issue as well.

The cns kid is Watts but he's got no grades as of now he's a corner who's real fast. They like him as a returner and cb. Dennis is a stud safety he's a ballhawk his tenth grade year he had atleast one int in every game played that year but don't know if contact has been made or if they will. He's one of those guys who won't test well speed wise even though he plays fast. They like Cooper and Woods for wr in nys. McDuffie more on D than O. Haven't heard anything about the lineman from cns. They really like the corner from brockport but heard his grades might be an issue as well.
Great stuff soocher4. Surprised about Gross; I thought he had a 3.8 gpa. I like him a lot...

Great stuff soocher4. Surprised about Gross; I thought he had a 3.8 gpa. I like him a lot...
I messed up on that part realized after your response I meant to say the db from cns has bad grades gross was the other corner they like. His grades are fine but I think they want to watch him camp again from a few people I've heard from.

I messed up on that part realized after your response I meant to say the db from cns has bad grades gross was the other corner they like. His grades are fine but I think they want to watch him camp again from a few people I've heard from.
No problem. Great info. Hope the kid from CNY gets his grades together. The last time they had a kid like this, he went to UConn and the NFL.

If he commits to SU before he gets "evaluated", he'll probably be a 3 star max. If he waits and "big" schools offer, he'll probably be a 4 star.

Spot on. Though you left out the.. "If he commits to Rutgers before evaluations are finished, he'll immediately show up as a 4* recruit. When he subsequently decommits, a certain writer will demote him to a 3*, bump another Rutgers commit to 4*, and follow it up with an article/claim that his evaluation shows that he just didn't develop as well from his Jr to Sr year."

I think Stevie is waiting til he he blows up big time and have some of the big boys requesting his services and then he lays down the hammer he will be attending Syracuse University. hehe. No,he would probably not, but I would love to see him do that. ;)

At the time, Lobdell was a big commit, had huge offers. Sales was also relatively large, a 4-star by more than one service if memory serves me correct.

Damien was a great pickup & player, but, I don't remember him being as big of a recruit.

Pretty sure it was between SU and Michigan St and he had a top 25 ranking at RB.

Always good to have Section 3 kids on the team.

If they could pull 6 or 7 instate kids even better.

Spot on. Though you left out the.. "If he commits to Rutgers before evaluations are finished, he'll immediately show up as a 4* recruit. When he subsequently decommits, a certain writer will demote him to a 3*, bump another Rutgers commit to 4*, and follow it up with an article/claim that his evaluation shows that he just didn't develop as well from his Jr to Sr year."
I Dohn't know which writer you're referring to.

Stevie gonna play the recruiting game ..... download (1) wink.jpg