Class of 2018 - RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana

Reading of Florida, VT, LSU, Clemson, FPenn St. interest.

This recruitment's going to absolutely blow up this spring.

Reading of Florida, VT, LSU, Clemson, FPenn St. interest.

This recruitment's going to absolutely blow up this spring.
yup, thats what I knew could happen and was afraid of.

So is he a 4* top 250 player in the class?

Btw 247 has him from CBA Albany

yup, thats what I knew could happen and was afraid of.
Agreed...but I'm thinking this is exactly the way SSIII wanted to play it out. IMO, there is nothing HCDB and staff could have done to quicken his decision making process.

Just read that his reported 40 time is 4.47 which is great for a back playing at 220lbs. You only need to have watched SSIII play a half of FB to realize that speed wasn't/isn't a limiting factor.

EDIT: If he played HS FB in TX, FL, LA or even NJ I think he is an easy 4* rated RB. Because he plays in NYS, he has yet to be evaluated.

Agreed...but I'm thinking this is exactly the way SSIII wanted to play it out. IMO, there is nothing HCDB and staff could have done to quicken his decision making process.

Just read that his reported 40 time is 4.47 which is great for a back playing at 220lbs. You only need to have watched SSIII play a half of FB to realize that speed wasn't/isn't a limiting factor.

EDIT: If he played HS FB in TX, FL, LA or even NJ I think he is an easy 4* rated RB. Because he plays in NYS, he has yet to be evaluated.
I agree.

So is he a 4* top 250 player in the class?

Btw has him from CBA Albany

Some numbers speak louder than ratings, 6'2 220 potential sub 4.4 40. He'll be a 4 star but this kid's an athlete that everybody's going to want.

This is exactly it ^

So, SSIII is gonna play football for Duke, then transfer to SU to play hoops for a year? :noidea::p;)

IMG_0736.JPG

Sure. No RB coach. I doubt it.

If a kid wants to play at home, he'll play at home. I know every recruit that has met Dino loves him. We'll hire a solid RB coach no doubt.

Come on down Stevie.

Didn't we have another #1 ranked RB in NY state recently...hmmmmm.

Didn't we have another #1 ranked RB in NY state recently...hmmmmm.
Irrelevant. Why compare the 2? 3 classes apart, different staff, different system, & Scott has/will have numerous legit P5 offers.

Irrelevant. Why compare the 2? 3 classes apart, different staff, different system, & Scott has/will have numerous legit P5 offers.

What exactly was I comparing other than noting that one was the #1RB in NY and one is the #1RB in NY?

What I am doing is highlighting how kids view SU as a program is relevant, whether you think so or not, especially in state recruits. If I were a recruit, I would be thinking, "well there was this other #1 RB in NYS and he decided to transfer under the new staff, why shouldn't I look around? and will the same happen to me?"

Especially a kid that was the leading rusher the previous year. Raises lots of questions for a recruit, very extremely relevant.