Class of 2018 - RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana

I think this is 100% the right move to make in regards to local players. I think because the area produces so few P5 guys, that they believe they are big fish in a little pond. But the staff is fishing a pretty large pond and shouldn't wait unless they think a local kid is at the top of their board at a given position.

Jump on or lose your spot, find yourself talking to the Ash hole.
We definitely have 2 better running backs in Jordan & Hall, and I'd probably say Dixon is a similar RB to Stevie.

When you watch the quality of backs LSU puts outs and plays every year and the same for Clemson now he was not even close to being in their league. I have seen him play more than a few times and even have been at their thud camps with my kids team a few times.

Michigan and the other Big ten teams will eat him up if he plays on offense for the 'girls. They got shut out 4 times and scored only 7 in two other Big ten games last year so if he wants to play running back I would be looking at Temple of BGSU if he wants to average over two yards a carry. He's gone so it is time to move on from him...

It was pretty well known he was begging Michigan State for an offer and they didn't give him the time of day. It says a lot imo.

Dont care how the buttger fans spin it, our big back committed on 5/17. The kid who plays in Florida Class 8A, who's Vero Beach team went 11-1 and won their district title with Dixon contributing 877 yards and 9 TDs. Runs mid 11's in the 100M at 230lbs. Yeah, I'm good with the kid we got.

Last edited:
Maybe he did wait to see what Syracuse would do before he chose? He was one of the two RBs RU wanted and they got them. Why does it matter the circumstances? Nobody has said that he chose RU over SU. I think it was pretty clear for a while that Syracuse wasn't a take for him. Todderick may say that but he knows jack squat about recruiting.
Nobody? check rutgers rivals board .lol This is not the only forum I'm on

I think this is 100% the right move to make in regards to local players. I think because the area produces so few P5 guys, that they believe they are big fish in a little pond. But the staff is fishing a pretty large pond and shouldn't wait unless they think a local kid is at the top of their board at a given position.

Jump on or lose your spot, find yourself talking to the Ash hole.
He definitely over played his hand and ended up paying the price. He still gets to go to college for free and who knows, some day he might score a touchdown against Howard.

All kidding aside, I always root for kids from NYS to get scholarships and do well and I do sincerely hope he has a good career at Rutgers.

He definitely over played his hand and ended up paying the price. He still gets to go to college for free and who knows, some day he might score a touchdown against Howard.

All kidding aside, I always root for kids from NYS to get scholarships and do well and I do sincerely hope he has a good career at Rutgers.
exactly my thoughts tomcat.

Yep. I'm with you on rooting for the local kid. Just a shame it will be with the "scarlet letter" on his helmet. Maybe Purdue or Illinois will offer and make rooting for him that much easier ;).

I don't do Rivals and mainly for the reason you stated. I'm after info, not lame excuses.
your right about rivals, bunch of them make lame excuses. I find it hilarious that they get excited for snagging mildly recruited NY kids. It makes them feel better for not getting NJ kids. Its easier to grab a NYS kid and get him excited to play against Umich, OSU and Penn st. Rutgers is struggling to convince the 2nd tier NJ prospects to stay home. Those kids are going to BC, NcSt, UVA, Temple

Jordan is a very good RB prospect for Syracuse...he is perfect for Babers' offense. RU already has that type of back in Blackshear who may even see reps this year. Not saying Blackshear is better or that RU would have turned down Jordan if he wanted to commit but I do think RU wanted a "big back" to compliment Pacheco and Blackshear. Personally I don't like the big back with 4.8 speed (I think they are a thing of the past) but I guess he offers some position versatility (H-back, LB) if he doesn't cut it at halfback. I would have preferred Jermar Jefferson from CA instead who they may still be in play for as he plays with incoming QB prospect Jalen Chatman. Plus Rutgers brought in Elijah Barnwell who is a productive, between the tackles type of runner with better vision than Scott so the kid is going to have his work cut out for him if he even qualifies. Have to remember these two schools now play in vastly different leagues in different types of offenses. I think both schools got the backs they wanted and I'd call that a success.

Jordan is a very good RB prospect for Syracuse...he is perfect for Babers' offense. RU already has that type of back in Blackshear who may even see reps this year. Not saying Blackshear is better or that RU would have turned down Jordan if he wanted to commit but I do think RU wanted a "big back" to compliment Pacheco and Blackshear. Personally I don't like the big back with 4.8 speed (I think they are a thing of the past) but I guess he offers some position versatility (H-back, LB) if he doesn't cut it at halfback. I would have preferred Jermar Jefferson from CA instead who they may still be in play for as he plays with incoming QB prospect Jalen Chatman. Plus Rutgers brought in Elijah Barnwell who is a productive, between the tackles type of runner with better vision than Scott so the kid is going to have his work cut out for him if he even qualifies. Have to remember these two schools now play in vastly different leagues in different types of offenses. I think both schools got the backs they wanted and I'd call that a success.
I would say that is a very fair evaluation.

Good post. Babers got a power back type last class that will contribute as a freshman. Then he picked up Dixon for the 2018 class. He likes big backs but there's no need to fill your depth chart with those style of runners. Again, I hope Stevie does well for Rutgers.

IMG_2978.PNG
At today's scrimmage. Lol rutty

I hope he is a plan B for us at linebacker

That is too awesome. Maybe he's hoping we push for a flip.
I think he absolutely is. Just not for the position we'd take him at.

That pic represents one more reception than he will get in 4 years at RU. And not because Stevie isn't a good player. #RU, minus 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

I hate to bust everybody's onions...

but that's a stock photo of him at CBA.

The "Home of the Brothers" on the scoreboard in the background gives it away.

CBA_sled_nw.jpg

I hate to bust everybody's onions...

but that's a stock photo of him at CBA.

The "Home of the Brothers" on the scoreboard in the background gives it away.

Party pooper