RE: Floyd vs. Zeppelin | Syracusefan.com

RE: Floyd vs. Zeppelin

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
I am a firm proponent of both bands. Really just like music and many kinds of it but these are two bands that I "know"

So instead of which is better, I propose listing songs of both bands that are less widely know that you find your favorites. I get to go first.

Floyd:

Zeppelin:

Pink Floyd was more cerebral . Zeppelin more animal.
you really need both parts of the brain to survive.

oh yeah 2012 baby. we blasting to the past.the lunatic is on the grass.
the lunatic is in your head

Well know song, however this video is probably one of the first live versions of the song. This live version is very different than the live version in the movie/album The Song Remains The Same. Enjoy:

Well know song, however this video is probably one of the first live versions of the song. This live version is very different than the live version in the movie/album The Song Remains The Same. Enjoy:

Or all the way to the beginning of the song

I should have clarified "one of the first Led Zep live versions". I was just trying to stick to the theme of your thread Zeppelin and Floyd songs less widely known. We are aware that Zeppelin was "influenced", "stole" or "plagiarized" material, especially in their beginnings.

Pink Floyd "have a cigar"

Zep "Battle of Evermore"

For any Floyd fans looking for a twist, check out Gov't Mule's darkside of the mule album... their rendition of shine on you crazy diamond is especially amazing.

"For any Floyd fans looking for a twist, check out Gov't Mule's darkside of the mule album.."

not to be confused with Kanye's backside of the mule

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom