RE: Kansas, and their seeding | Syracusefan.com

RE: Kansas, and their seeding

pearl31

in cahoots
More and more I'm thinking that if WSU wins out (which is looking increasingly likely) and gets the #1 seed in Midwest, the committee would probably give Kansas the 2 seed there rather than the 1 in the east - since the geographic factor is supposed to be of higher value these days (i.e., it would be regarded as more beneficial for KU to be 2 in Midwest than to be 1 in East)...
thoughts?

More and more I'm thinking that if WSU wins out (which is looking increasingly likely) and gets the #1 seed in Midwest, the committee would probably give Kansas the 2 seed there rather than the 1 in the east - since the geographic factor is supposed to be of higher value these days (i.e., it would be regarded as more beneficial for KU to be 2 in Midwest than to be 1 in East)...
thoughts?
I think they get a 2 seed in the Midwest when it's all said and done. Or a 1 seed if wsu loses. I think it would be great to see wsu vs KU potentially for a chance at the final 4.

I just hope that Kansas is not the #2 seed in the east

the 2 teams i really dont wanna see in our bracket is kansas and louisville. i hope louisville plays themselves above the 4/5 line, my nightmare is a sweet 16 matchup with them. im convinced we're gonna see uconn or louisville on our side of bracket.

Makes perfect sense & everyone ought to be happy with that...
Which will make all the bickering & arguing that much more ridiculous.

If the committee gives Wichita State a 1 seed they should be the 4th 1 seed and whatever region is leftover after the top 3 have their picks. If Kansas works their way up to the 1 line with Wichita State, Florida, Arizona I see one of two scenarios
West-Arizona
East-Wichita State/Kansas
South-Florida
Midwest-Wichita State/Kansas
or
West-Arizona
East-Florida
South-Kansas/Wichita State
Midwest-Kansas/Wichita State

It infuriates me that Wichita State is going to get a 1 seed with the weakest resume of all-time. 1 win over an NCAA tournament team and they run the table in a conference that lost its 2 time defending champions in Creighton.

the 2 teams i really dont wanna see in our bracket is kansas and louisville. i hope louisville plays themselves above the 4/5 line, my nightmare is a sweet 16 matchup with them. im convinced we're gonna see uconn or louisville on our side of bracket.

Think we'll be safe with Louisville after that Cincy win. Feel like Pitino has them ready for a run to finish above the 4/5 line.

If the committee gives Wichita State a 1 seed they should be the 4th 1 seed and whatever region is leftover after the top 3 have their picks. If Kansas works their way up to the 1 line with Wichita State, Florida, Arizona I see one of two scenarios
West-Arizona
East-Wichita State/Kansas
South-Florida
Midwest-Wichita State/Kansas
or
West-Arizona
East-Florida
South-Kansas/Wichita State
Midwest-Kansas/Wichita State

It infuriates me that Wichita State is going to get a 1 seed with the weakest resume of all-time. 1 win over an NCAA tournament team and they run the table in a conference that lost its 2 time defending champions in Creighton.
I feel like were in the age of affirmative action regarding mid majors (please don't take this as an attack or promotion of real life affirmative action).

These teams are getting judged on a far different scale due to their weakness in scheduling. If I'm a mid major at this point, I schedule maybe one tough game all year OOC. Especially if I'm a "name" mid major like gonzaga, Wichita, VCU,UConn;).

The idea of operating like umass or Memphis once did just seems counter productive. Why risk a couple losses when getting only 1 win will validate your whole season.

IMO Kansas will fall into one of these scenarios:
#1 Midwest (if they run the table and Wichita St loses a game)
#1 East (if they run the table and Cuse loses 1 or 2 more games. Even if Duke wins out KU trumps Duke).
#2 Midwest ( they lose a game and WS wins out).

I think one of Louisville or Kansas will end up in our bracket unless one gets shipped West. The Midwest is going to be the region to watch both Kansas and Louisville want that region. Duke/Syracuse 2nd place team seems destined to be the 2 seed in South region behind Florida. That leaves East and West region for the 2nd team of Kansas and Louisville unless Kansas worked their way up to the 1 line.

Here is how I think it will end up.
West
1. Arizona
2. Kansas
South
1. Florida
2. Duke
Midwest
1. Wichita State
2. Louisville
East
1. Syracuse
2. Villanova

3 seeds Michigan State, Wisconsin, Creighton, Michigan
4 seeds Virginia, St. Louis, Cincinnati, San Diego State

I don't understand the fear of Kansas, they are a great match up for us. Tournament is all about match-ups

tough frontcourt. Embid is the real deal.

#1 East (if they run the table and Cuse loses 1 or 2 more games. Even if Duke wins out KU trumps Duke).
See, even in this scenario (one in which both WSU and KU win out) I think the committee will give them the #2 Midwest rather than making them go east - unless SU really craps the bed and they have to give the East #1 to someone else.

I don't understand the fear of Kansas, they are a great match up for us. Tournament is all about match-ups
NBA talent
Embiid and Wiggins are probably the first and second picks in this year's NBA draft. Nadier Thorpe, Perry Ellis, Tarak Black, and they got 3 more players in their rotation. While they may be a good matchup for our zone I want nothing to do with Kansas before the Final Four because of all that talent. They will kill us on the boards and they have talent did I say that enough. Plus their schedule has been so ridiculous they will be the most battle tested team in the tournament and have played a ton of different styles this season.

I think one of Louisville or Kansas will end up in our bracket unless one gets shipped West. The Midwest is going to be the region to watch both Kansas and Louisville want that region. Duke/Syracuse 2nd place team seems destined to be the 2 seed in South region behind Florida. That leaves East and West region for the 2nd team of Kansas and Louisville unless Kansas worked their way up to the 1 line.

Here is how I think it will end up.
West
1. Arizona
2. Kansas
South
1. Florida
2. Duke
Midwest
1. Wichita State
2. Louisville
East
1. Syracuse
2. Villanova

3 seeds Michigan State, Wisconsin, Creighton, Michigan
4 seeds Virginia, St. Louis, Cincinnati, San Diego State
I hear what you're saying, but KU has got to get a preferential seed over L'vlle

I don't see Kansas being a #2, I really don't. They're 1 in RPI, 1 in SOS, 5 in the AP and 6 in the coaches poll. If they win on Saturday I think they get a number 1.

I don't see Kansas being a #2, I really don't. They're 1 in RPI, 1 in SOS, 5 in the AP and 6 in the coaches poll. If they win on Saturday I think they get a number 1.

6 losses. if they lose again thats 7. how many 1 seeds have had that many losses?

Embiid would be the killer of us. He has a jumper, he's athletic, he is a great passer, and on the defensive end I don't think we would do much in the paint. We haven't faced ANYBODY like him all year and half the drives that CJ and Grant make to the inside probably wouldn't be happening as often. We would beat them with our outside shooting and mid range game. Last team I want to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom