Read between the Lines Tommy Devito dig? | Syracusefan.com

Read between the Lines Tommy Devito dig?

SkyTopBus44

Starter
“Good ol’ country boy. That’s kind of his personality, kind of he cares, but he doesn’t. He cares about his body, but he doesn’t. He cares about winning, which is important, and I think he elevates other people’s play around him,” Babers said.

“It’s kind of like an Eric Dungey thing. Some people say, ‘I can’t do that; I might get hurt.’

“All he cares about is winning.”

Is this quote a dig on Devito or am I reading too much into it?

Think you may need to subscribe but the whole story is here:

I think his comments are always positive on the stuff we love about him too - fearlessness, leader, etc. The stuff I find interesting is his take on the throws. He will not say he throws well lol. I think he wants TD's arm on GS.

“Good ol’ country boy. That’s kind of his personality, kind of he cares, but he doesn’t. He cares about his body, but he doesn’t. He cares about winning, which is important, and I think he elevates other people’s play around him,” Babers said.

“It’s kind of like an Eric Dungey thing. Some people say, ‘I can’t do that; I might get hurt.’

It’s funny - 1st time I heard the quote, that popped up in my head. But I agree with everyone here, I just don’t think Dino would do that. No reason to.

naaaah, NO dig.
He's describing Shrader- no more.
Dino said TD was a special player to him and could only wish him success.
He(Dino) is not the kind to talk down a player. I think he said I don't discuss
a player no longer with the team...something to that effect...

TV tip if anybody's interested: Illinois spring game tonight 7 or 7:30 pm (can't remember which) on Big Ten Network.

Don't see it as a dig at all.

If it had been a dig, he would have made some ambiguous comparison to the person that Shrader supplanted. Babers didn't do that, he just compared him to Dungey.

Looked like same ole' Tommy. Just doesn't see the field very well.
Disclaimer: Only watched his first two series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom