Read this quote and tell me it doesn't sound like our coaches... | Syracusefan.com

Read this quote and tell me it doesn't sound like our coaches...

bnoro

Lurker
I really hope this isn't our coaches since I think we need to take advantage of the situation. Really hope we go after Khairi Fortt, the kid from CT that was top 50 a few years ago.

"We're not going do it like some people," he said. "We'll just keep monitoring the internet, seeing kids who say they want leave and then we'll reach out to their high school coaches to see if they'd be interested in us. We have some room [under the 85-man scholarship limit], but we think there can't be that many schools that have more than one or two spots open right now."

LINK

As bad as this may sound...I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope our coaches don't take the high moral ground on this one.

I want them to get into the trenches and muscle us out a few good players.

As bad as this may sound...I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope our coaches don't take the high moral ground on this one.

I want them to get into the trenches and muscle us out a few good players.
I actually don't care if we get any players or not. We'll be fine long term, and in all honesty this is an angle I can do without.

I really hope this isn't our coaches since I think we need to take advantage of the situation. Really hope we go after Khairi Fortt, the kid from CT that was top 50 a few years ago.

"We're not going do it like some people," he said. "We'll just keep monitoring the internet, seeing kids who say they want leave and then we'll reach out to their high school coaches to see if they'd be interested in us. We have some room [under the 85-man scholarship limit], but we think there can't be that many schools that have more than one or two spots open right now."

LINK
Time for 'The Fizz" to contact all PSU players to gauge interest.:)

LINK

So similar its scary, probably is our staff.

LINK

Man, that does really sound like our staff. Hoping it's someone else and Marrone/Shafer/Wheatley helped take down the statue and brought back some players.

That's a Coach that wont get any of their players. There are commits that have already heard from a dozen schools. Some started hearing before todays announcement.

Btw, it is not our coaches.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I actually don't care if we get any players or not. We'll be fine long term, and in all honesty this is an angle I can do without.

Yeah, honestly, I couldn't care less about getting PSU kids. If they are looking to get out and Syracuse is a good option that's fine but ultimately I'm a bit leery of being the first hyena to pounce on that carcass. If it works for a kid and he wants to come, I"m OK with it but I won't judge out coaches harshly for not wanting to jump all over these kids right now.

I know that when the Sandusky news first broke, before O'Brien did damage control, Khairi was looking to leave and was considering checking out Syracuse. O'Brien did a great job of keeping losses to a minimum, though obviously that was long before the sanctions hit today. We'll see what happens, and I'll pass along anything I hear about him. Silas Redd is the more interesting CT kid, but I have to imagine he'd be able to choose just about any school with the numbers he's put up.

I know that when the Sandusky news first broke, before O'Brien did damage control, Khairi was looking to leave and was considering checking out Syracuse. O'Brien did a great job of keeping losses to a minimum, though obviously that was long before the sanctions hit today. We'll see what happens, and I'll pass along anything I hear about him. Silas Redd is the more interesting CT kid, but I have to imagine he'd be able to choose just about any school with the numbers he's put up.

Just one note on your comment, keeping LJ and Vanderlinden (is that the coach's name?) was paramount to preventing a big exodus when this news first hit.

What are they going to get 1-2 kids? BFD, why get so worked up about it? as if it is a game changer. Do you really believe that Marrone is going to poach 7-8 kids or something or start cold calling kids over there? Sure, he may reach out to a few that he may have relationships with or coaches but this is bit ridiculous

What are they going to get 1-2 kids? BFD, why get so worked up about it? as if it is a game changer. Do you really believe that Marrone is going to poach 7-8 kids or something or start cold calling kids over there? Sure, he may reach out to a few that he may have relationships with or coaches but this is bit ridiculous

Couldn't you argue we were 1-2 players away from going to a bowl game last year?

If 1-2 players means the difference between 5 wins and 6 wins this year, I think it is a huge deal.

IF that is our coaches then we got bigger issues right under our nose. Like people running our program who don't know how to play "the game" so to speak

Here is PRAYING that our coaches didn't say that

If a PSU kid is truly interested in us, maybe it's a match. I'd rather Marrone & Co continue to focus their time on developing and mining their current recruiting grounds.

can you even contact the kids directly? even the grad transfer rule the kids have to initiate the contact

That's a Coach that wont get any of their players. There are commits that have already heard from a dozen schools. Some started hearing before todays announcement.

Btw, it is not our coaches.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

But for a few pauses and a "uh" or "duh" here or there I'd have sworn that was Coach P.

+1 -- not that big a deal at all. If we get one, cool. If not, so be it.

LINK

Sounds like something he would say. I can see P saying that as well. He's has to be pretty conflicted, I doubt he would go out of his way to hurt PSU.

Keep in mind Doug Marrone & Bill O'Brien are extremely close friends. O'Brien's (now) wife introduced Doug to his wife, and Doug in turn introduced O'Brien to his wife. The two couples still vacation together. Not saying Coach Marrone won't grab a couple PSU guys if they want to come to Syracuse, but he'll do it in the most transparent and above board way possible.

Keep in mind Doug Marrone & Bill O'Brien are extremely close friends. O'Brien's (now) wife introduced Doug to his wife, and Doug in turn introduced O'Brien to his wife. The two couples still vacation together. Not saying Coach Marrone won't grab a couple PSU guys if they want to come to Syracuse, but he'll do it in the most transparent and above board way possible.

If kids are going to leave I'm sure O'Brien would rather see them land at SU than in the B10.

was doug dating o'briens wife first? sounds like an episode from seifeld where jerry asked the roomate for a threesome and she agreed along with the roomate

Weak rumor via Twitter that we may be getting a WR transfer (I just posted it on the recruiting forum). We'll see if that ends up being true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom