Real Talk...Expectations for tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

Real Talk...Expectations for tomorrow

gbo

Resident Clemson Fan
What are everyone's expectations for tomorrow? Are you guys expecting a close game, home team blowout, a game so boring that no one watches the second half, etc.

I fully expect Clemson to continue to look like the bad news bears with:
1. Multiple three and outs
2. An offense that runs the same 6 plays
3. Tony Elliott to look absolutely clueless when the camera pans to him in the box
4. The defense to be on the field for 40+ minutes
5. Dabo saying at halftime we need to make adjustments and then not make any adjustments

Just a few off the top of my head...

Close game. Otherwise I will consider it disappointing (unless a win, obviously).

I like your expectations so, ditto.
I don't know too much about Clemson this year other than your defense looked really good against UGA and your offense looks head-scratchingly pedestrian. I had heard so much hype about your QB, but in the couple of games I've seen this year, he looks lost.
I expect a heavy dose of running on both sides. I think it will be close, but I think Clemson (1) hits one more deep ball than SU (0) and that ends up being the difference. I'm thinking a 20-14 type game.
Scratch all that. SU 31-17.

What are everyone's expectations for tomorrow? Are you guys expecting a close game, home team blowout, a game so boring that no one watches the second half, etc.

3. Tony Elliott to look absolutely clueless when the camera pans to him in the box
5. Dabo saying at halftime we need to make adjustments and then not make any adjustments

You guys are struggling but it has to be put into perspective; you are struggling by the standards of Clemson. The loss to Georgia is nothing to be ashamed of. The 2OT loss on the road to NCSt is surprising, but they are a good team and it is only surprising because it is Clemson.

Our guys can win any game left but we can also lose any game that is left. We need to get 3 more wins somehow, with more wins being gravy. Welcome gravy, for sure, but we have to walk before we can run.

I view Clemson as a gravy game but I also think we can score some points. You have had two weeks to rest up and those are weeks we could also have used. I'm always optimistic, so I expect it to be pretty close. It has the potential to be a statement game for the Orange.

really will find out if the Bye week makes a difference in the Clemson offensive issues..

I expect a close game, Shrader scrambling all up and down the field, Trucker to have 2 TDs and for the Loud House to live up to its name every third down on D.

i expect a close game, with most scores being attributed to big plays. Neither team is putting together a 13 play, 8 minute drive.

I like the under...and the game to be a one score difference.

I like your expectations so, ditto.
I don't know too much about Clemson this year other than your defense looked really good against UGA and your offense looks head-scratchingly pedestrian. I had heard so much hype about your QB, but in the couple of games I've seen this year, he looks lost.
I expect a heavy dose of running on both sides. I think it will be close, but I think Clemson (1) hits one more deep ball than SU (0) and that ends up being the difference. I'm thinking a 20-14 type game.
Scratch all that. SU 31-17.
I'm going to disagree with you here...there is no way we score over 14 points.

Idk. I think that week off and Dabo tinkering with your OL will be enough of a difference.

Had you guys come into this without the Bye I'd feel way more confident

The pessimist side of me thinks:

1. Clemson scores an early TD on a long passing play. You've had your problems, but we have ours in the secondary and Wake exposed that a bit last week.
2. Our defense settles down and the game becomes a rock fight for awhile.
3. The injuries and short week catches up with us in the 2nd half. Crowd will try to will us to a win, but there will be a lot of empty seats, probably won't be enough.

Clemson wins 23-13, we score a late TD to make the score look better.

The optimist side of me has an opinion too, but a lot of things have to go right to score points in this particular game. Our offense is vastly improved overall, but the passing game isn't there yet, and Venables will be ready for anything we do. Upside is we can hold Ross in check, we're able to run the ball a bit more than anyone else does against you, and we squeak out a 16-13 win with our FG kicker returning to his former Groza award winning form.

I feel good about this team but I think we’re too banged up to win this one. I’ll still be there yelling my head off pulling for our guys. Your Tigers have injuries too but the Clemson underbelly is like a six-pack and ours is tender fatty pork

I too would feel better if Clemson wasn’t just coming off a bye and had so much time to prepare. I think we could have overcome this if we would have won last week and had some extra momentum coming into this game. My fear is that after two straight heartbreakers that it’s too much for us to overcome.

the one thing I will say is the for the first time since we joined the ACC I think the best player on the field when we play Clemson will be wearing a Syracuse uniform. I think our OL taking a beating last week, and Clemson having the bye week are going to be the difference. we desperately need a 4th win very very soon to keep bowl hopes alive, but it may have to be at Lane Stadium next week. I kinda think like Rocfan that these last two weeks just might be too much for a team that is still learning how to win

I think we're too banged up to hang around and we'll get worn down rather quickly. I think you win in the 27-10 neighborhood. I just want us to get out of the game healthy so we have a chance on the back half of our schedule.

We have health issues. Its going to take an incredible effort to win this game.
We have health issues as well. Both of our starting DTs are injured. This may be a game where the healthiest team at the end of the game wins...

We have health issues as well. Both of our starting DTs are injured. This may be a game where the healthiest team at the end of the game wins...
And your team is 3 deep at every position. So…

Clemsons wrs break some tackles and the score looks ugly. We play well but GS and Tucker are shut down on the ground.

I took us ML as if we keep it close late we will win.

Clemson comes out early after a bye week and shows a few things we have not seen yet and gets some points. SU claws back to make it a game. The team that turns the ball over (or is unable to punt efficiently) loses. Low scoring. Loud Dome. People in Orange go home happy. People in Orange go home sad.

There’s a chance, a small one - that Tucker and Shrader run through them and our D holds. Like 17-3 at the half. Then we see if they get tired of tackling.