Realignment Cools Down For The ACC | Syracusefan.com

Realignment Cools Down For The ACC

Strong Statements by Clemson

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=11210

The next crisis is if UMD can get their departure fee lowered via the court action.

Yeah. I think the fact that this statement is being made by the Board of Trustees chair says more than the same statement from the President (or for sure from the AD). It's funny about Clemson. They are always mentioned in the same breath with FSU; I do it myself. But I really think that after last summer's flirtation with the Dustbowl League Clemson has reconfirmed their commitment to the ACC. Except in the unlikely event that Mike Slive comes courting I think Clemson stays right where they are.

ps - I now look at every thread that Texan Mark starts...if only too check out my girl Michelle Jenneke dance!

when did the $50MM departure fee become $53MM?
The 50m number being talked about isn't actually a concrete number - the exit fee as agreed upon is 3 times the yearly operating budget for the ACC. It comes out to be around 50m (53m to be exact as you noted.)

when did the $50MM departure fee become $53MM?
The fee is 3 times the operating budget, it was never a fixed amount of $50M. The lawsuit indicated that the operating budget exceeded $17M which yields an exit fee of $53M.

Correct. They come in at number 68 in USN&WR's latest rankings.
Syracuse and Pitt are at 58 with Louisville only slightly behind at 160.

...just a little bit...

Reminds me of the Major Legue movie where teh baseball announcer calls a wild pitch by the Charlie Sheen character, "JUUUUUUUST a little outside."

ps - I now look at every thread that Texan Mark starts...if only too check out my girl Michelle Jenneke dance!
I think his "Like" ratio has gone up significantly as well.