Class of 2017 - Realistic Wish List for Class of 2017 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Realistic Wish List for Class of 2017

That's sort of what I was thinking and you tell him worst case scenario if it looks like you aren't going to be a regular in the rotation you can red-shirt.
I don't see a loser in this scenario. Better strength and conditioning and a year of practice with the big boys or he is ready to contribute right away and doesn't have to redshirt. Of course, this assumes that he wants to come to SU. If he is not ready, or he wants offers from teams that have not yet offered, then he should go prep and see if he can get those offers.

And he isn't a bad shooter either. But being so young, maybe he is being advised to prep a year to mature physically and our pitch is to come here and have a year with our strength and conditioning and a year of practice with top notch players to hit the ground running.
how likely do we think it is that the staff has pitched this to Wright?

I don't see a loser in this scenario. Better strength and conditioning and a year of practice with the big boys or he is ready to contribute right away and doesn't have to redshirt. Of course, this assumes that he wants to come to SU. If he is not ready, or he wants offers from teams that have not yet offered, then he should go prep and see if he can get those offers.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Not to loud. :)

I'm not going to lie -- I'm starting to get a little worried about 2017, only because we knew we had a bunch of spots opening up and envisioned a "monster class" for JB's last run. Still could happen, but the pickings are getting a bit slim. Obviously we need QG and things could go from there -- but we also absolutely need one of these 2Gs.

Just saying...

I really hope something comes out of this Lonnie visit. Not much shooting left in this class.

I really hope something comes out of this Lonnie visit. Not much shooting left in this class.
Be surprised if we land him but being the last visit never hurts, we have a shot although slim. I think after this signing period is over and things start to figure themselves out and where kids are going we will see the staff target more shooting and a new guard or 2. Still have Tucker as well and if he can get his s*#! together. If we want Tucker and we go after him hard he's ours to lose.

there is always shooting available beyond the 4 and 5 star kids. What was Andy Rautins, a 2 star? As CuseMan4 said, once the early signing period is over, those are the kind of players that will be given a 2nd look.

there is always shooting available beyond the 4 and 5 star kids. What was Andy Rautins, a 2 star? As CuseMan4 said, once the early signing period is over, those are the kind of players that will be given a 2nd look.

Assume he's referring to immediate shooting and not a development kind of guy since we're going to have giant holes on the wing if Tyus goes. Honestly still think its 50/50 at best that he's a 1 and done. He doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar at this point though of course neither was Malachi.

Yes. We are going to need immediate shooting. Not a developmental kid.
what I'm saying is that just because a kid is less than a 4 star does not mean he is a developmental project

Just because a 2 star has worked out in the past doesn't mean it's a reliable form of recruiting. How many 2-3 stars pan out compared to 4-5 stars? If we have to go that route we will have troubles.

By the end of the signing period I think we'll have Sidibe, Brissett, and Green on board.

Well. Green has already said he will announce 3 days after the end of the early signing period, so it will be non-binding, unless he faxes into them on the 16th and asks them to keep it quiet until his announcement at his HS 3 days later.

So far, Gerry has not closed at the rate that Mike or Troy Weaver did on the recruiting trail. A lot is riding on this class.

IthacaMatt said:
Well. Green has already said he will announce 3 days after the end of the early signing period, so it will be non-binding, unless he faxes into them on the 16th and asks them to keep it quiet until his announcement at his HS 3 days later.

So far, Gerry has not closed at the rate that Mike or Troy Weaver did on the recruiting trail. A lot is riding on this class.

Check out my last post in the Quade Green thread, in a tweet about another player, it says that he can sign before the 16th and then has up to 14 days to send it in.

With the amount of open roster spots we have almost too much riding on this class. If he doesn't pull something then he should be reassigned on the staff.

so whats the deal with Shai Alexander? we are on his short list and i dont see any comments at all?

I just thought its interesting we are in his final 4 so quietly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom