Realistically, who's coming our way? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Realistically, who's coming our way?

I see things differently.

I see center as being a strength next year. We return what we had and add 7'2". While last year we were defensively challenged at center, we improved as the year went on and we add 7'2". Lydon improved and will get the potential sophomore bump. Huge defensive improvement. We'll have 15 fouls to give and JB will have several different looks and matchups to use. Instead of being a major concern like last year, this coming year other teams will be worried about how they are going to deal with what we have.

Grant Mullins seems like a nice role player type to add - not critical.

And we won't only have Howard to bring the ball up. First, he projects to be the backup to Battle. And after those two come Mal to bring it up. I doubt Lydon's role will be to bring the ball up.

I see a lot more franky Howard in our future than most here seem to. I'm sure there are limitations and obviously battle and Mali will be on the floor (assuming Mali is here), but I would bet the lineup at crunch time to start acc play next season will be Howard-battle-Mali-Roberson-Richardson. There's a greater than zero chance that chukwu or Mullins or maybe Moyer change that projection but I'd feel pretty confident that that will be our most steady lineup. And JB loves steady. Franky impressed me, by the way

I see a lot more franky Howard in our future than most here seem to. I'm sure there are limitations and obviously battle and Mali will be on the floor (assuming Mali is here), but I would bet the lineup at crunch time to start acc play next season will be Howard-battle-Mali-Roberson-Richardson. There's a greater than zero chance that chukwu or Mullins or maybe Moyer change that projection but I'd feel pretty confident that that will be our most steady lineup. And JB loves steady. Franky impressed me, by the way

We're going to have a Mali AND a Richardson?
Sweet!

And here we were, worried we'd lose him - instead we're apparently going to clone him.
Kinda like with the Cooney brothers. :D

I'd like to see Trevon Duval reclassify for 2016 and become our main point guard. He may not be the best shooter but man he's got a handle! We would be a great fit for him and he'd getting lots of PT as the primary PG in the ACC. It probably won't happen. I am just hoping something really cool happens that propels us into the top 10 conversation.

No Lydon at crunch time? That is crazy talk.

And I think DC2/7'2" is an offense/defense type decision.

Sgt Cuse said:
No Lydon at crunch time? That is crazy talk. And I think DC2/7'2" is an offense/defense type decision.
Also two Richardsons!

We're going to have a Mali AND a Richardson?
Sweet!

And here we were, worried we'd lose him - instead we're apparently going to clone him.
Kinda like with the Cooney brothers. :D

Oops -- Lydon instead of a Mali clone ... Though I'd take one of those too

No Lydon at crunch time? That is crazy talk.

And I think DC2/7'2" is an offense/defense type decision.

Typed Richardson twice because I'm an idiot ... Or have early onset Alzheimer's. Meant Lydon. I love that DC has stuck it out and he had some moments in March but generally he's got a ways to go before being considered an offensive threat.

I'd like to see Trevon Duval reclassify for 2016 and become our main point guard. He may not be the best shooter but man he's got a handle! We would be a great fit for him and he'd getting lots of PT as the primary PG in the ACC. It probably won't happen. I am just hoping something really cool happens that propels us into the top 10 conversation.

I'd also like to see Scarlett Johansson show up in my bedroom tonight, not sure which one is more realistic.

I'd also like to see Scarlett Johansson show up in my bedroom tonight, not sure which one is more realistic.

I "liked" your post before I read who you were responding to!

Look who he has offers from:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/trevon-duval

Louisville may have more sanctions next year, who knows. Kansas always chokes. Of those schools listed I think he would get the most PT with us. But maybe I'm wrong. I wish I could find the article that said he might reclassify but I can't find it.

I "liked" your post before I read who you were responding to!

Look who he has offers from:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/trevon-duval

Louisville may have more sanctions next year, who knows. Kansas always chokes. Of those schools listed I think he would get the most PT with us. But maybe I'm wrong. I wish I could find the article that said he might reclassify but I can't find it.

Definitely know all about him and his offers, top PG in the country and an instant game changer but over on the recruiting board its been pretty clear that we aren't really in the picture anymore since he moved to Texas and is a UA kid.

Definitely know all about him and his offers, top PG in the country and an instant game changer but over on the recruiting board its been pretty clear that we aren't really in the picture anymore since he moved to Texas and is a UA kid.
The UA angle is the most overrated excuse to not recruit a top notch player out there. Ask Sean Miller if it was all that difficult to snatch Terrance Ferguson(UA) and Kobi Simmons/Rawle Alkins(Adidas) to a Nike school like Zona.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2015/09/ottos-world-podcast-episode-2.html
I talked about why the sneaker stuff isn't as powerful as most think.

I might take you up on that!

How did he get that fish to leave the bottom?
The big ones are hard to get off the bottom, like hooking a tire. It can take hours. When they get to the surface they go bonkers. Best to shoot them. A head shot kills them instantly.

The big ones are hard to get off the bottom, like hooking a tire. It can take hours. When they get to the surface they go bonkers. Best to shoot them. A head shot kills them instantly.
Damn, I would hope so that a head shot kills it instantly. Otherwise thats a tank that swims.

Flynn was 23rd
Harris was 14th
CM was 24th
Waiters was 15th
Fab was 14th
MCW was 21st
Rak was 20th
Coleman was 15th
Donte was 17th

So, you're numbers are a bit off, though I get your point. We recruit well. But you've effectively supported my position. What do all of those recruits, with the exception of Melo, have in common? They are were all recruited in our sweet spot (NJ, NY, NEPSAC, Pbilly, B-More). I know we recruit well in these areas and we get (sometimes) great (more often) good players that allow us to compete with and beat the blue bloods. And as long as those areas keep pumping out great players, we'll be fine if we stick to our current strategy.

I'd just like it if the staff said, to h$ll where a kid lives, we're getting him. Geography shouldn't matter if there is a fantastic player that has interest in the program and has made it known that he'd like to be recruited (see Porter, Michael). Those are the kinds of players that I'd hope JB would target. Just hasn't seemed to happen for whatever reason.

And Melo was recruited 8 years ago. It's been awhile since we've extended our reach.
There really needs to be 2 sets of rankings...one that exists when we first latch on to a kid and pursue him (generally in the 1-20 range), and the 2nd set after he commits and the services drop him 10 spots because he committed to the Cuse.

Off topic:

I guess fishing halibut is like the show Swamp People with the alligators. In New Jersey, we have summer flounder which we call fluke. Fluke is pretty much the same thing has halibut. There are some really good videos you can google of fluke chasing bait. After watching the way the fluke behave with the bait under water I changed my fishing tactics last time I went fishing. But it was late in the day everyone wanted to go home. But in the last hour I caught 8 fish on 10 casts. I really think I was on to something. But everyone wanted to go home. So now I'm dying to get out on the water again. Fluke season opens in May but I like to wait until late June for the fish to get bigger. Any fluke over 6 pounds is considered a lunker. Small by your standards but really fun to catch. I'm also going to try dropping a fake eel bait off the back of the boat as we drift in the hopes of catching a striped bass or blue fish. There's some really cool videos of guys catching stripers off the jetties near where I live using live eels. I may try that one time this summer. It looked really cool and the stripers are pretty big. The problem with New Jersey fishing is we have 12 million people here and every where I go there are always lots of people fishing.

The fishing channel shows people catching Goliath Grouper in Florida. They look insanely difficult to catch. Maybe someday I will get a chance to go.

What town in Alaska do you live in? I want to look it up on the map. Also, are the larger halibut a good eating fish?​

On Topic:

I hope Richardson stays one more year. That would be peachy...I mean orange!​

There really needs to be 2 sets of rankings...one that exists when we first latch on to a kid and pursue him (generally in the 1-20 range), and the 2nd set after he commits and the services drop him 10 spots because he committed to the Cuse.

Really? I thought Waiters and MCW signed pretty early and went screaming up the charts. But I guess that doesn't fit the "bias" against us conspiracy that seems to haunt us in every conceivable way. Between the refs, the announcers, the NCAA, ESPN, recruiting services, and pretty much anybody or any thing involved in college basketball, I'm quite amazed we're able to field a team, let alone a successful one with us vs. the world.

I guess I have to ask, what players dropped from the 20s to 30s in your scenario you gave above without reason? Do you have any data or just kinda making things up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom