Reason #1455 why I love SU | Syracusefan.com

Reason #1455 why I love SU

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
so you guys hear it from me all the time "If you ever come to Alaska, you have a place to stay".. Not many have taken me up on it. While I was at the Battle 4 Atlantis, I met a couple from Syracuse (well, like 1000 couples) but I've kept in touch with these guys, met up at the UNC game for dinner this past winter.. They called me a few months ago, and said they wanted to spend their anniversary in Alaska with me. They arrived last night. Crashing at my place, We are about to have an awesome time…

So tonight, my girlfriend went to the store to grab stuff to make dinner, I took these guys to the Northernest Syracuse bar in the world. Took a picture under the banner, whole 9 yards. The wife starts talking to a guy that I've never met before because she wanted to take a picture of him smoking in a bar.

freaking turns out.. This guys brother? Johnny Miller… QB, SU.

Cuse nation owns the globe.

Wow great story. Wonder what became of the other Johnny football?

SUforme said:
Wow great story. Wonder what became of the other Johnny football?
I believe his brother said he was a teacher now. Never played football after SU

Boy did we have a lot of hope in Miller and Ameen-Moore once upon a time...
I personally thought those two were gonna be "it" along with their DE teammate who went to ASU, Onyeali I think?

Funny how things go...

so you guys hear it from me all the time "If you ever come to Alaska, you have a place to stay".. Not many have taken me up on it. While I was at the Battle 4 Atlantis, I met a couple from Syracuse (well, like 1000 couples) but I've kept in touch with these guys, met up at the UNC game for dinner this past winter.. They called me a few months ago, and said they wanted to spend their anniversary in Alaska with me. They arrived last night. Crashing at my place, We are about to have an awesome time…

So tonight, my girlfriend went to the store to grab stuff to make dinner, I took these guys to the Northernest Syracuse bar in the world. Took a picture under the banner, whole 9 yards. The wife starts talking to a guy that I've never met before because she wanted to take a picture of him smoking in a bar.

freaking turns out.. This guys brother? Johnny Miller… QB, SU.

Cuse nation owns the globe.
Home game

CuseTroop said:
This guys brother? Johnny Miller… QB, SU. Cuse nation owns the globe.

I'm on vacation in Cali. Taking the kids on a tour of Hollywood. It's 95 degrees out so we decide to grab a quick bite at Dave and busters near the Chinese theatre. Waiter sees my orange block S hat and says... Are you from Syracuse? I say yes. He says, my cousin used to ball for them... Yeah, what's his name? Eric Devendorf.

It seems I've seen something Syracuse related every I've ever traveled.

I'm on vacation in Cali. Taking the kids on a tour of Hollywood. It's 95 degrees out so we decide to grab a quick bite at Dave and busters near the Chinese theatre. Waiter sees my orange block S hat and says... Are you from Syracuse? I say yes. He says, my cousin used to ball for them... Yeah, what's his name? Eric Devendorf.

i hope you jumped up on table and looked at everyone in restaurant with your chin stuck out...

Summer 2005 I was in Ireland with two pals. We took a bus tour of the Ring of Kerry, and stopped at some tiny little pub for a sandwich and a pint. I was wearing an old SU hoodie. So I am walking up to the register to pay and I notice a signed picture in front of me...

...of Coach Mac! Turns out the owners of this pub had cousins living in Camillus...and somehow had met Mac. Took me a few minutes to notice the SU pennant hanging above the bar...huge SU fans.

Summer 2005 I was in Ireland with two pals. We took a bus tour of the Ring of Kerry, and stopped at some tiny little pub for a sandwich and a pint. I was wearing an old SU hoodie. So I am walking up to the register to pay and I notice a signed picture in front of me...

...of Coach Mac! Turns out the owners of this pub had cousins living in Camillus...and somehow had met Mac. Took me a few minutes to notice the SU pennant hanging above the bar...huge SU fans.

My mom went to the same place when she visited. She loved that part of Ireland. Interesting

I have a similar story. Was at a Denny's about 30 minutes north of Charlotte. Was wearing a Syracuse shirt at the table. Waitress asks if I'm from there. I told her I was born and raised. Turns out she was from the Buffalo area and her cousin is Paul Harris. Wild stuff.

I was just in Surfside Beach, SC all last week for a family vacation. My 2 year old was having a full fledged meltdown and wanted milk, so I ran into the nearest grocery store with him and my wife waiting in the car.

I hurry through the checkout line and am about to leave, and this 70 year old guy bagging groceries comments on my Syracuse shirt and starts telling me all about when he lived in Syracuse during the Schwartzwalder days. I try to end the conversation like 10 times knowing my toddler is a maniac in the car, and he is literally following me out of the store making Cuse convo in an extremely slow-paced Southern way.

Wife: "WHERE WERE YOU?!"
Me: "IT WASN'T MY FAULT!"